I AM DYING. ugh reasons not to drink

NatalieBrooke88
NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
So, Atlanta has recently had a "snow storm" and life has come to a complete halt. Naturally, my fiends and I walked to the local bar yesterday and proceeded to have a 15 hour bender. Now, I am so sick I can barely type this. I cant drink water without throwing it up. DOES ANYONE have any tips to remedy my hangover. PLEASE. :(

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    This is why they should sell home IV kits, you can get hydrated without having to drink anything. It would also be good prior to long runs to ensure you have enough water in your system. We would just need permanent plugs in our arms (like in the Matrix movie) for us to plug it into.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Oh man!! I don't know what to tell you... i usually curl up on the couch, put a movie on and doze until I feel well enough to move again. Get a glass of water and then repeat as necessary. I'd advise taking Advil if you can keep it down... but the best advice is to sleep it off as much as possible.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    I would also advise taking Tylenol, Advil, Motrin ... anything .... as far as drinking something ... I know it may sound odd but a beer cubs the hangover. Try to eat, if you can stomach anything. If you have powerade or gatorade, drink that. Right now the water is going to make you sick so try something else until you can stomach water.

Best of luck to you .... because I know the feeling oo to well. ... eventually it will wear off and you will swear you will never drink again :-)
  • Coke is the only thing that has helped me to stop throwing up.....
  • Have another drink,that will cure you lol............... only kidding.Is scotland we drink irn bru to cure hangovers

3553970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LovelyJudy
    LovelyJudy Posts: 5 Member
    Tylenol is a BIG NO NO! If you have been drinking or have alcohol in your system it will mess up your liver. Not immediately but it will if you take it for a long time. Aspirin is safe to take.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Ahhh I remember those days...sigh...

Well. In my younger non kid days when I either A. woke up still somewhat drunk and had to go to work or B. felt like *kitten* that bad I'd drink a tomato beer and feel better almost instantly.

When your stomach is rejecting water it might not reject more booze and it might just make you feel more human. Seriously. A small can of V8 and a Fosters or something middle of the shelf (not cheap instead headache crap like Bud).

IDK why it works but it can bring you back from the edge so you can start drinking water and taking advil and eating something like crackers.

Happy hang over!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    This is why they should sell home IV kits, you can get hydrated without having to drink anything. It would also be good prior to long runs to ensure you have enough water in your system. We would just need permanent plugs in our arms (like in the Matrix movie) for us to plug it into.

Well now if we're talking about IV's here, I'd prefer one that continuously drips booze. LOL.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member

Well now if we're talking about IV's here, I'd prefer one that continuously drips booze. LOL.

Amen to that! I just saw something online that said "I smuggled alcohol to work today...in my stomach" I almost peed myself laughing.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Ugh, Well, I took a couple of sleeping pills and forced myself into hibernation, so now I am a bit better.Taking oxyelite this morning when I still had alcohol in my system and hadnt eaten made is 20 times worse. My body is still shaking but I think the pizza I just ordered should hopefully help!
This discussion has been closed.