Calorie counting daily or weekly?

Options
So I've been doing good and pretty much sticking to my daily allowance of Calories, but was wondering if having a few days both over and under my daily allowance would make it balance out by the end of the week?

Say my budget is 1,200 Calories a day, that would be 8,400 within the week. Do I have to keep up the 1,200 Calories a day, or could I fluctuate a bit up or down as long as it still equaled 8,400 by the end of the week?

Replies

• djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Up to you. I look at my goal at a weekly basis. It works for me.
  • carodabe
    carodabe Posts: 13
    Options
    I think it's more realistic to think in terms of the week. Some days are busier than others, or some involve social outings, etc. Plus when you do your daily food report, you can plan to make adjustments the next day also.
  • breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This works for me. It is so much easier to stay on point and in control when I track my weekly goals IN ADDITION to my daily ones.

Good Luck!!
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do it weekly. Otherwise, there's no way I'd be able to enjoy a night out.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's up to you, for me I watch it daily and I don't make it every day, but I do most days during the week.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I count mine by the week
  • yvonneangelgoh
    yvonneangelgoh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i usually stay discipline from Sunday to Thursday. On friday evening and saturday, i induldge.

The point is to workout often to be able to have more calorie consumption entitlement.