Busy mom/grad student trying to lose

Options
Hey everyone....
Today started my new journey to a healthy and physically fit life. Weight has been a struggle for me throughout my life and I have came to accept it, but I was always able to do physical activity. I am exhausted by the littlest movement now and it disgusts me.

My plate is extremely full right now between being a mother, working full time, being a full time grad student, and coaching softball (which will be ending this week). Because of these obligations, it's extremely easy for me to justify not working out and stop for fast food. I have an amazing husband who supports my every move, but because of that love he is afraid to hurt my feelings to discuss my weight. I need friends on here that are part of my journey and push me to hold myself accountable.

If you can help me on this journey, please add me choosin2loosen

Replies

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am also a busy mom trying to lose. We can do this together! Feel free to add me!
  • choosin2loosen
    choosin2loosen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great! Thank you
  • OysterKat
    OysterKat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    busy mom to 2 cats and a rabbit... adding :)
  • calypsocoin
    Options
    Hey, I'm not a mom (I have a cat), but I am a busy grad student! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals out and meet your goals. I eat a lot of canned/frozen food with exact calorie counts so you don't get "ghost" calories from prepared food. I lost a little over 70 lb's at school simply by bringing my lunch with me. Not only did I loose weight(I was also hitting up the gym 2 hr's a day 5 days a week) but I saved a lot of money compared to those over priced college cafeteria's/fast food joints. When you do have time at home with your family make a meal(canned/frozen food tends to be high in salt and low in fiber...) where you can know exactly what is in it. If your husband is supportive then throw out all the snack foods and junk foods that can tempt you to break your nutrition plan. Another trick to mix up the monotony of eating the same frozen/canned food is to add some fresh vegetables after they have been cooked. For example if I heat up a 420 calorie ramen noodle bowl for lunch I will first boil the water, add the noodles, then add broccoli, carrots, and some frozen chicken. Suddenly you went from a bland cup of noodles to a very delicious meal with lots of macro and micro nutrients.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....
    Today started my new journey to a healthy and physically fit life. Weight has been a struggle for me throughout my life and I have came to accept it, but I was always able to do physical activity. I am exhausted by the littlest movement now and it disgusts me.

My plate is extremely full right now between being a mother, working full time, being a full time grad student, and coaching softball (which will be ending this week). Because of these obligations, it's extremely easy for me to justify not working out and stop for fast food. I have an amazing husband who supports my every move, but because of that love he is afraid to hurt my feelings to discuss my weight. I need friends on here that are part of my journey and push me to hold myself accountable.

If you can help me on this journey, please add me choosin2loosen

Being busy should be perfect for losing weight. Do a little planning and buy your food from the market, pack your lunches and WALA!!!! You lose weight AND save money.

Win win.

Being too busy is NEVER an excuse to not lose weight. It is when we are idle and bored taht we fill our pie holes!