Hello friends, just finished my first marathon...and I feel

Options
Curious how many other marathoners we have in our community. Would love to get to know you better for support, motivation and maybe training! :smile:

Replies

• misssuperstitious
    Options
    *waves* Hi! I'm training for my very first marathon (Grandma's in Duluth in June)....so, how was it?!?!?!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my first in mid may.
    Congrats on yours, how did it go?
  • yojimbo880
    Options
    I've run in grandma's for the past 2 years now. It's a great experience up there and I now plan on going every year.
  • monicat623
    Options
    Hey all...I had a great time!! I've done half marathons in the past so it was a little discouraging at first to know that when I hit mile 13 that I wasn't done yet but I just pushed through. I wasn't really concerned about time, just finishing. This will probably be my first and last because I have really bad knees but good to know it's another item off of my bucket list! Happy Running to all!! =D

I've never heard of the Grandma one, how is that?
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is a serious feat even to finish. I hope to run one myself in the next year or so.
  • awilburn
    Options
    Congratulations! I am currently training for my first marathon, too! I changed my settings to a 50-25-25 diet. I am finding it SO difficult to get enough protein. Any pointers??
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I ran my first marathon on 10/31/10...the Marine Corps Marathon. It was a great experience...training was hard and very time consuming. I am considering doing another one, but where the training is so much I am not sure about it. But I really really want to improve on my time since I hit the wall around mile 18 or so. I love half marathons, I have my next one coming up in Feb!!! Can't wait!!!!
  • monicat623
    Options
    Yay I'm a big fan of the 13.1 too! It's a great feeling mentally to see mile 10 then know you're almost done!! =D My next half will be in April and then September.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have my first half Feb 20th. I hope to do a full within the next year. I lack motivation in the training department. I really need to get my butt in gear and stay on schedule when i start training for the full
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I ran Mohawk Hudson River in NY last year, and I am running Boston this year! =)
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    Monica, this is Grandmas: http://grandmasmarathon.com/site/ Maybe see you there Jimbo!