A Year Ago Today

Options
abs0830
abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
How do I know it was a year? I was at the beach playing with my nephew for my dad's 60th birthday.

This past year has been a roller coaster of good and bad. It has made me stronger than I thought possible and helped me to believe in myself and have more confidence. I have found a new appreciation for food and my body. I tend to do crazy at home videos like Insanity, T-25 and now Les Mills Combat. They all provided me with a calendar and food guide that helped so much and I felt guilty if I didn't follow my commitment to the program. It helped me more than I realized when I first decided to try the videos.

This is me one year ago (no that's not a beach ball, it's my stomach)

10o356w.jpg

This is me today, in my office. My co-worker took the photo so that I could actually see the difference.

eantwk.jpg

I feel so much better. My PCOS, gastoparesis and mastocytosis are under control. All things that my doctors didn't think could happen. Dedication and figuring out what worked for me made that possible. I try to do challenge and accountability groups as well, so if any of you are interested in those let me know. They are free, of course!

(Note the edit was to make the second picture smaller, it was huge)

Replies

• Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Holy mackerel! Amazing transformation. Congrats on the success gained through hard work!
  • abs0830
    Options
    Thanks. Down 16 lbs, but it feels like so much more. I've added muscle and lost fat. Hard work is what it takes :-)
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome jobs, great job
  • Bellabooksa
    Bellabooksa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Dedication and will power!!! You look wonderful!! :)
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME Abby! Congrats on working so hard to achieve something so great! You are a rockstar and an inspiration!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • jenabugg
    jenabugg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on taking control of your health.
  • MartiRush69
    Options
    Wao....a great inspiration for me :noway:
  • MyWitchySelf
    MyWitchySelf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job Abby!! I know how hard it is to stay on track but with hard work and dedication like you have done, we all can accomplish almost everything we put our mind and heart into doing!!
  • abs0830
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was actually really nervous about posting the photos!

2j5hy55.jpg
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and Love your story!! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!