Watch my weight loss 5lbs at a time- 40lbs down

Options
Have posted progress pics for the majority of my weight loss journey so most of you have probably seen me around here but I thought that seeing the difference that just 5lbs at a time can make! Have lost just over 40lbs overall since January and planning on losing 45/50 lbs overall.

This is a picture of me at my heaviest (180 lbs wearing spanx)
My family took pictures of me as well at this academic event and I had arm cellulite in a few of he photos. I realized that, even though I took care of my outer appearance with makeup and clothes that camouflaged my weight, I was not healthy. This is the night that I realized that I needed to make a change. :
weightloss_zps333be2df.jpg

This event happened in October. At the end of December I woke up with a terrible pain in my lower back that continued unbearably for about 3 days before I saw a chiropractor. My x-ray showed that I had started to develop arthritis extremely prematurely for my age in my lower back and that it would only get worse with time. My options were to accept a life with chronic back pain, lose weight to lessen the strain on my back and build my core to support the load or visit my chiropractor every other day to receive expensive treatments and physiotherapy or a combination of all three. I started on MFP on January 6th 2014 and I've lost over 40lbs in 162 days. I have zero back pain and I feel amazing.

At 165 (15lbs down) I started to realize that my initial goal was attainable and I started documenting my weight loss in photos:
a9e8f3ec-f26c-4c57-8575-b9c02e315274_zps05d998bd.jpg

At 175 I had ordered a "target outfit" from Ebay in an Asian size large with the hopes that I'd be able to wear it confidently.
I can say honestly now that I have incredible body confidence not only because of losing 40 lbs but because of what my body is able to do and all that it does for me.
ca9593fa-f2ba-43a7-a177-bbfb92201911_zps9d16da8c.jpg

current full body shots:
cc38f42c-68ac-4410-a83a-c179425318ee_zpsa34c93ac.jpg

Recent clothed photo:
donut_zpsc51ac3a8.jpg

Thank you all for the consistent support that is provided in this community for people starting out and for people already in maintenance!

Replies

• Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look great! That black number is pretty hot ;)
  • katiewilsonxo
    katiewilsonxo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh tanks :B I purposely got an over the top outfit because I felt like I'd have to be SUPER confident and fit to actually wear it... was worried that it'd be a bit much for MFP
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You did a great job! And you´re so cute :blushing:
    A little more and that sexy black outfit makes you even more irresistible.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Is that a swim suit? I love it! I want one for when I get skinny lol.
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    It is indeed a swim suit! You can find them on ebay for super cheap (mine was about 12$ but a quick stalk shows that they have them for around $7-8) if you search "bandage monokini"
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW! You look stunning! Great job, girlie! <3<3<3
  • Jazzie92
    Jazzie92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job and cute bathing suit!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!!
    So inspirationnal in so many ways! I just ordered the swimsuit!
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Where is this suit from!!! Might have to purcahse one and slim myself into it!

Also watched Underworld last night and I want to slim into her suit too!!

I will do this!!

(sorry just saw your above msg about suit)
  • Bortnipx
    Bortnipx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look great! Where'd you get your donut top?
  • jennnymccarthy
    jennnymccarthy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA AMAZING transformation!!! It is crazy -- sometimes it's hard to see in the mirror the difference of 5lbs... when you take pics the way you did, it's crazy to really SEE the difference. Congrats! LOVE that suit!!
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. That swimsuit is pretty sexy but I have to say it's gunna give you some crazy looking tan lines lol
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It is so neat to see how each 5 lbs came off a bit differently because I notice that with me too! Like right at 145 your waist pinched! Congrats to yoU!
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    It is so neat to see how each 5 lbs came off a bit differently because I notice that with me too! Like right at 145 your waist pinched! Congrats to yoU!

Thank you! It's interesting because I feel like at my heaviest the weight was fairly evenly distributed but now it does seem like certain areas don't budge for months and then tone up over night :P
  • katiewilsonxo
    Options
    Great transformation. That swimsuit is pretty sexy but I have to say it's gunna give you some crazy looking tan lines lol

Luckily I live in Canada and the most I can really get tanned on one beach day isn't anything crazy lol :P
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • shojomecha
    shojomecha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! :) You should definitely be proud! <3 As I'm sure you are! That swimsuit is too cute, and I was able to find it on Amazon, so here is a link to it for everyone else that was asking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Young-Aloud-STRAPPY-BIKINI-SWIMSUIT/dp/B00IQG85YI
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, you did great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!