I am proud that I turned away (blank)....today!

Options

Replies

• ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    ugh...this didn't happen today but last week I got offered eggs, country fried steak & potatoes....all cooked in fat and I had not eaten breakfast and they ate it right in front of me going oh yuummm....sure you don't want some? I was sooo irritated at him~!!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Everyone here at work order Chinese..... everyone EXCEPT for me!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I'm really proud that I turned away pig wings! (yes - I said pig wings!)

ohhhh so is that why pigs can't fly! :cry:

Seriously though.... what are pig wings. :wink:
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This was last night but I'm still proud lol. My roommate and I had friends over and I sat in front of a table full of cookies, chips, dips, wine and juice for two hours, without touching one thing. I had a red pepper and hummus beforehand and drank water while we socialized.

Oooooh man those are the times when you willpower is tested! Great job! But I bet it feels good to tell people about it!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I might have tasted that one! That sounds pretty good about now!
  • ajb32487
    Options
    I turned down ordering boxes of girl scout cookies!
  • amandakay23
    Options
    It is so sad to me how hard it is to say no, I must say that it is easier knowing that I am going to have to come track it so honestly I have turned away from too many things to list. Potatoe chips and french onion dip, cheeseburgers, MAC N CHEESE! (That was hard!) all kinds of stuff.........hard, but worth it. Someone mentioned GS cookies...my daughter is a girl scout, we haven't started selling yet. I want to take her out of girl scouts now! lol
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    DQ Blizzard-went into the DQ with a friend to get her husbands birthday cake......I was so tempted to get a skorr blizzard--my absolute favorite ice cream product-- and I was able to leave without one. Yipeeee!
  • lmvolk
    lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I grocery shopped today, too, and did a great job, lots of fruit and veggies, no candy (there's still some in the house though :blushing: )
    Wanted to get a candy bar at the checkout, didn't...
    Wanted to pop in the drive through fast food, didn't...
    Now all I have to do is get myself out to exercise, but it's cold and grey.
    M US T BE S T RO N G.....
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    So I'm at work and this nice man on my team came over and brought me a Potbelly Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie......it looked SO good but I knew it was bad! I said "That was SO nice of you but I can't have it"

Glad i turned it away because I looked it up and it was 450 calories!

So today I am proud I made a healthy decision to say no :) What are you proud of today?

Good job! I've been good at work. Walked past the donuts someone brought in. Last night though my husband brought out ice cream which is my weakness and I gave in a little. I would rather not deny myself and have a huge binge! Blame your brother Jeanine.....lol :)
  • starlitesue
    Options
    They had a whole leftover spread of Indian food at my work today. It looks spectacular! But I didn't eat any of it! It feels good to be able to say no to myself :-)
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    tortilla strips and salsa from the Mexican Restaraunt! I was able to stick to the
    chicken taco salad no sour cream
    ED
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Options
    So I'm at work and this nice man on my team came over and brought me a Potbelly Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie......it looked SO good but I knew it was bad! I said "That was SO nice of you but I can't have it"

Glad i turned it away because I looked it up and it was 450 calories!

So today I am proud I made a healthy decision to say no :) What are you proud of today?

Good job! I've been good at work. Walked past the donuts someone brought in. Last night though my husband brought out ice cream which is my weakness and I gave in a little. I would rather not deny myself and have a huge binge! Blame your brother Jeanine.....lol :)

Well you shold not deny yourself all the time....just have that ice cream in smaller portions. When you cheat...you are just cheating yourself :) Thats what I think :)

And you need to put yourself in tempting situations to show yourself you can do it. If he offers you something really naughty and it makes you go over for that day....think about how good it would feel to brag to people about what you did :) Thats pretty much how this forum began lol
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I turned down a bite of my husband's Costco hotdog!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I want to know what pig wings are also!:huh:
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options

HA! I was the same way when I asked someone 'what the heck is that' and they said PIG WINGS! (I work for an animal nutrition company with swine being our main species, so we see lots of pork dishes for our company lunches).

So, here's a formal definition:

'Pig Wings are made from Ham Shanks that are trimmed leaving just a single bone surrounded with lean tender ham meat."

That definition doesn't do them justice. Lemme just tell ya - that's some gooooooood eatin'!

:laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh:
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Options

Looked it up...and they are REALLY NAUGHTY! HAHA

Pig Wings are shanks from the rear leg trimmed of a pig. Made from ham shanks. I think you like batter them or something.

Doesnt matter because they are definately not healthy and a GREAT thing to "turn away" haha!
  • Breaded chicken wings...my family had some for dinner and man they looked good but I didn't touch any of them
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Looked it up...and they are REALLY NAUGHTY! HAHA

Pig Wings are shanks from the rear leg trimmed of a pig. Made from ham shanks. I think you like batter them or something.

Doesnt matter because they are definately not healthy and a GREAT thing to "turn away" haha!

We've never had them battered, just grilled or baked, usually with a bar-b-que type sauce.

Still, I'm afraid to even try to Google the calories!!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

There's this guy at work that insists I don't need to lose weight (even though I'm a good 10 pounds away from what is considered healthy) and is always trying to feed me garbage.

I started by trying to be nice about it but after literally months of this every day at work I just want to punch him every time he asks me if I want Taco Bell or some other inedible crap.