Replies

• anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    GIVE THEM TO ME!!! Please :flowerforyou:
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, than I question the accuracy of your numbers. Do you weigh your food? Use measuring cups and spoons? Your exercise calories look high too. How are you estimating them?

This. Before leaving for a bike ride that will burn 600 or 700 calories, I set out a snack for myself on the counter. Otherwise, I will just shove the first random food that I see into my face when I get back. I'm amazed that people claim not to eat back (substantial) exercise calories.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If this is a common occurrence, you should eat for the sake of eating. The point of eating is to get the nutrition and energy that your body needs to remain healthy. If you deny it the right amounts of food/nutrients, then you're doing yourself no favors. Do not sacrifice your health for the far less important cosmetic changes that your weight loss is supposed to bring.

Also, I doubt you burned over 700 cals on that workout unless you're severely overweight and performed the entire workout at a high intensity (something that would be nearly impossible if you net under 1000 calories regularly), so while you need to eat more to meet your minimum nutrition and energy requirements, you don't need to eat as much as you think you do.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    One of my friends calls this the "Bermuda Triangle," aka the mysterious, now-difficult-to-eat calories that were so obvious/easy before MFP hahahaha
  • emilyedmonds2017
    emilyedmonds2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I don't usually have that many calories at the end of the day, but it does happen occasionally when my evening meal is a low calories. I was just after some opinions really.

My eaten calorie estimation is as close as I can get them and so are my exercise calories. (without a HRM).

I am currently 188llbs.

I have my calories set at 1300 a day

30 day shred burns about 225
    cycle to and from work (50 minutes in total at moderate pace) = 400
    Then I sometime go for a walk which can burn between 50-100 calories depending on where I go.

So I don't think I am overestimating my calories burnt.

I do save some of my calories for a Sunday treat as well. But overall over the week I am still just under my calorie goal. I am losing between 1-2lbs per week, so it seems to be working for me.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I don't usually have that many calories at the end of the day, but it does happen occasionally when my evening meal is a low calories. I was just after some opinions really.

My eaten calorie estimation is as close as I can get them and so are my exercise calories. (without a HRM).

I am currently 188llbs.

Then I sometime go for a walk which can burn between 50-100 calories depending on where I go.

I do save some of my calories for a Sunday treat as well. But overall over the week I am still just under my calorie goal. I am losing between 1-2lbs per week, so it seems to be working for me.

Sorry, what was the issue again? :explode: :noway:
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I have already pre-logged my day's meals and (most) snacks, and have 881 calories left. I plan to have a delicious glass of wine, or perhaps two. And some ice cream. :smile:
  • emilyedmonds2017
    emilyedmonds2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I am currently 188llbs.

Sorry, what was the issue again? :explode: :noway:

Did you not read the post???