How often to weigh in?

Options
Hi all,
Just a general question. How often do other people tend to weigh themselves please ?
x

Replies

• emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but only log once a week. I find it interesting to see what certain foods or exercises do to my weight, eg I had a chinese takeaway on Monday night and was up 2.5 lbs on Tuesday morning but was down again this morning.

However if you are in any way obsessive about the scale and what it says then I would recommend weighing weekly.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Once a fortnight, that way I get into a routine and always skip period week. :)
  • smartasacarrot
    smartasacarrot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Once a week works for me same time every week keeps a focus on your weight but not obsessive!
  • deb9615
    deb9615 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, yes, I definitely have to avoid that week, and the one before !! x
  • seaxx
    seaxx Posts: 21
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but only log once a week. I find it interesting to see what certain foods or exercises do to my weight, eg I had a chinese takeaway on Monday night and was up 2.5 lbs on Tuesday morning but was down again this morning.

However if you are in any way obsessive about the scale and what it says then I would recommend weighing weekly.

I agree. I weigh myself every morning, but I only log once a week.
    That way I know what foods and excercise May or may not be working!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    However often you feel like. Some go every day to see the fluctuations, some go weekly, and some don't at all.
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • ishamodi95
    ishamodi95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to way myself every couple of days. I'm not very consistent with the days I weigh, but whenever I do, I always weigh myself in the mornings. And since I don't weigh myself quite often, I log the number whenever I do.
  • ReaganP13
    ReaganP13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself obsessively (basically every time I use the bathroom to pee - which is often because I drink so much damn water). I know this is not good, but it's sorta fun to see my self lose 3 pounds of sweat after running, and then gain it back in literally 10 minutes after I chug a ton of water. I wouldnt recommend this to others, though, ha!