Healthy Choice Meals?

Options
They have NO preservatives.....Are they that bad to eat? I eat about 3 a week due to craziness in my house. If they are that bad...what is not good about them? Thanks!

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The only rule I have is this: If it doesn't have HFCS or hydrogenated oils, knock yourself out.

There is so much crap out that says this and that is bad for you. If it works for you eat it. If it helps you lose weight, eat it. If you keep that one rule in mind, you're going to be fine IMO.
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    So it has corn oil, Saflower oil....Is that what you're talking about? Or would it just have the name you typed in?
  • Stinger97
    Options
    People worry about those frozen meals because they contain a lot of sodium, but as long as you drink a bunch of water, you'll be fine.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice meals are awesome. In my opinion they are the best of the frozen meal brands. They're filling, tasty, and are high in protein, fiber, potassium, and other nutrients. Don't go crazy going through the list of ingredients. Just eat them, lose weight, and be happy :)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice meals are my favorite! I used to eat them frequently for portion control in the first few months of my weight loss. I never had a problem with too much sodium or a decrease in my weight loss. If you like them, and are under on your calories, I say go for it! I still eat them for a quick fix meal when the kids are eating something that I don't want like mac and cheese or frozen pizza.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Reese, to answer your question, if any oil has partially/hydrogenated in front of the word corn coil, soybean oil, etc, it's basically trans fat and is just terrible for you.

If it just says corn oil or corn syrup, you're good.
  • bounce0033
    Options
    Eat away - I agree with everyone - my favortie frozen meals. It makes filling out my food diary pretty easy :-)
  • irtata43
    irtata43 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    They fed me one while I was in the hospital having a little problem with my heart. I had been admitted late in the evening so that is what they servered me instead of a regular meal.
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice meals are awesome. In my opinion they are the best of the frozen meal brands. They're filling, tasty, and are high in protein, fiber, potassium, and other nutrients. Don't go crazy going through the list of ingredients. Just eat them, lose weight, and be happy :)

Agree!
  • nahhan12
    Options
    Healthy Choice seem to be the lowest in sodium out there. They seem pretty healthy, not too high in fat or calories, and give you a good mixture of fiber, protein, and veggies. The only other frozen meal I would consider as possibly healthier would be Kashi meals which tend to have less preservatives (but are usually more expensive).
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    The new healthy choice steamers ( name may be wrong) are EXCELLENT!!! They are so TASTY ( i was quite shocked) and quite filling as well :)