I want sexy arms - advice needed

Options
squeezylou82
squeezylou82 Posts: 12 Member
Hiya
I started lifting weights again today after a long absence. In my old routine I used kettlebells and lifted dumbells, and did tone a little but never really got the result I wanted. I dream of sculpted arms and toned body! My question is, what weight should I be lifting, how many reps and how often for the best results? I am really watching what I eat now, which I wasn't before, but should I restrict my fat intake? Bit clueless as you've probably guessed! Advice and before and after photos would be most welcome :-)
Cheers
Louise
X

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    NROL4W
    STronglifts
    Starting Strength

Any one of those :)
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ^ Beat me to it! I was just about to say New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women :) Deadlift everything you see, and you will have killer arms in no time. Go girl!!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    NROL4W
    STronglifts
    Starting Strength

Agree with all of this.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    <---- You mean arms like mine? :smile:
    I took this photo yesterday in the gym after 2 1/2 months of Stronglifts 5*5. All I did was SL 5*5 and 15-20 swing with 16-20 kg kettlebell and 8-10 reps of dumbbell presses - the heaviest you can lift. I'm not super strict with food. Just make sure you eat enough - better more than less.
  • squeezylou82
    Options
    Cool! Thanks everyone! And yes harphy, I want your arms!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Read the book New Rules of Lifting for Women even if you do not do that program. There is a lot of good info in there about your body, nutrition, etc.
  • squeezylou82
    Options
    Thank you I will!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    I started lifting weights again today after a long absence. In my old routine I used kettlebells and lifted dumbells, and did tone a little but never really got the result I wanted. I dream of sculpted arms and toned body! My question is, what weight should I be lifting, how many reps and how often for the best results? I am really watching what I eat now, which I wasn't before, but should I restrict my fat intake? Bit clueless as you've probably guessed! Advice and before and after photos would be most welcome :-)
    Cheers
    Louise
    X

you just need a calorie deficit.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    NROL4W
    STronglifts
    Starting Strength

Perfect, couldn't have said a better answer in as few words.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!