PICKLES!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Really people!!! Some of you are acting like I advertised the pleg on here. I just read the label and got excited about it. I would think that if it was wrong, that would be considered false advertisement. I wasn't planning on eating a jar of pickles either. Just figured one once and a while would be a good craving curb and snack.

To say to me "Common Sense" was rude. I'm not trying to steer anyone a wrong way. I just read the label and seen zero calories and got a little excited. Honestly, the negative responses on here just make me want to never post again.

I don't know what the pleg is - but gosh, I didn't think responses were rude - they were just giving information and a bit of humour.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Really people!!! Some of you are acting like I advertised the pleg on here. I just read the label and got excited about it. I would think that if it was wrong, that would be considered false advertisement. I wasn't planning on eating a jar of pickles either. Just figured one once and a while would be a good craving curb and snack.

To say to me "Common Sense" was rude. I'm not trying to steer anyone a wrong way. I just read the label and seen zero calories and got a little excited. Honestly, the negative responses on here just make me want to never post again.

I don't know what the pleg is - but gosh, I didn't think responses were rude - they were just giving information and a bit of humour.

... like ghost food :tongue: ?
    OP: no false advertisement just technicality! 0 calories is mickey mouse - doesn't exhist - beside water I guess!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

The responses were correcting information, pickles can be a good to snack on if you enjoy them. But letting you and others that read this believe there are 0 calorie foods isn't helpful.

And for common sense... well it's true, it's something that is not used enough :flowerforyou:
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    It say's on the pickle jar that it has zero calories. Maybe it depends on the brand but the one's I have at home say it is zero calories.

It's not actually zero calories. Just like mustard which says zero calories on the jar is not 0 calories either. In the US, when something is under 5 calories per serving (even if the serving size is unrealistic) companies are allowed to put 0 calories. Don't believe everything you read.
  • Genetic_Drift
    Genetic_Drift Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please don't just take on board the responses you see as negative. It's a lesson - you've learned that the FDA says companies can fudge the truth, and that you can't trust every label. Try not to let any offence you take from replies overshadow a valuable learning experience.

This. I don't think anyone has been truly negative (and I hope that nobody has caused you any offence), but have just highlighted that it's not realistic. I'm sorry that it bursts your bubble, but sadly it's a fact of ridiculous legislation that supposedly accurate nutritional information can be misleading. It doesn't stop pickles from being tasty and so low in calories that you can enjoy many and still meet your fitness goals; as everyone has said just be careful with the sodium.

What would be worse would be to continue propagating a myth, which more people then believe and end up living solely on pickles!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

Saying common sense was just pointing out that maybe you should use some when thinking about these things. Come off it think about it it's a food it contains vegetables it won't have 0 calories no matter what the label says. I'm sorry that you got upset about people giving you correct information. We could all lie to you if you wish but then I'm sure you'd come back and complain about that.

You asked a question got an answer then disagreed with the answer maybe my response was a little blunt which I will apologise for but it still stands when looking at these thing people need to engage their brains a little and think about it.

Good luck on your Pickles odyssey
  • xxDreamer1996
    Options
    It's okay My jar said the same lol :)
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, even if pickles were zero calories, there is enough sodium in them to make you bloat from here to high heaven.