I need help, anyone willing to mak my meal plan?

Options
13»

Replies

• TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm struggling with maintaining and have been gaining lately (Not much but obviously I'm doing something wrong I've gone from 101.6 to 103.2 and it's not just water weight I've been 102.8-103.2 for a week now)

I'm just wondering if anyone is willing to make me meal plans for next week. (I will go shopping and buy whatever I need)
    I just need to learn what are some normal eating habits because I want to break out of intermittent fasting.

Is anyone willing to help?

Ignore these mean people - why does everything need to have a damn price tag? Jeez! This is healthcare in my mind, healthcare SHOULD be free to those who need it .. getting your car fixed requires a mechanic, tools, premesis, expensive equipment and isn't the same as giving someone advice on food intake when they have asked for help...

so without further ado..

I've had some awesome results juicing 2 of my 3 meals a day, lost 22lb in a month (doing insanity also)

I Juice twice in the morning, early, mid morning, a PROPER LUNCH - maybe chicken salad or tuna, jacket potatoe with baked beans is awesomely filling -- i've also cheated and been out for quite a few meals with friends, tend to stick with steak and ignore the fries which suits me fine.

and juice in the evening again ..

I'm no scientist but it works for me!Did weight start going on for a reason? i.e. are you doing less excercise now?

The best ever tip for losing weight is to quit dairy altogether! Milk, Yoghurt (yes even the low fat stuff), Cheese, Bread, Cereal, Pasta - its all processed shyte! - same for breakfast Cereal is just processed crap - just get rid of them totally and go raw! anything where they have to 'add iron' is a bad thing - wtf can wheat be so devoid of iron that they have to put it back in

If you want to really supercharge it then get active and do some crazy excercise - don't do it for hours .. just do 30-45 mins and do it hard!!! don't mess about :)

Remember nomatter how big or small your belly is..it remains the same number of cells, the only difference between a 6 pack and a 15 pack is the size of each cell, your goal is to reduce the size of each cell not 'lose' weight so to speak -- and you do that by not eating stuff that makes each cell expand in size .. thats my rather poor understanding of it, but its enough to motivate me into doing mostly the right thing

Good luck!
    Jay x

omg, whatever you do, ignore this person. :explode:

Thanks - i'll take that as a compliment .. my 6 pack abs will also take it as a compliment that speaks louder than anyone trying to talk badly about the good and bad of my eating habits - food is just fuel to me, you supercharge yourself with good nutrients and let nature do its work!

Take a look at these peoples stats and pay for their advice if you like, you can downtalk me whilst offering nothing to the conversation -

meanwhile i will continue to have a 6 pack, continue to pass go and continue to collect £200 and continue to competitively fight MMA - so i don't find these comments particularly constructive, if you know of something wrong with what i've said then call it out instead of whining about it and put something constructive - i.e. don't listen to this person because of X

So many self interested people on this forum willing to downtalk others because they have an interest in selling their services, when we are all here for the same reason! - to get fit! I find your post offensive to be frank - be nice or leave

I'm not sure what you find offensive about my statement, but I said it because your post was filled with pseudo-science. Also, because something worked for you does not mean it's the only way for a person to lose weight.

You completely ignore the fact that the OP is almost underweight, and you suggest juicing 2 out of 3 of her meals. She is already in disordered eating territory, and you offer suggestions that would only further it. I and others offered plenty to the conversation, which you apparently missed.

Well you are assuming that she has an eating disorder and I find you judgemental and irritating - this is not an anorexia clinic to cure people or make judgements about them

You still haven't said why juicing 2 of FOUR not three meals is bad - or offered any more helpful suggestion to the OP

Like i said - you've plenty of negativity to add but nothing useful
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

OP, maintenance is not a weight, it's a range. At your height/weight you are close to being underweight. You can't worry about a pound or two. Maintenance is a range of about 3-8lbs. I'd say you should let 103 be your "weight", and realize that you'll see numbers from 101-108. 103 will be the number you see most often.

This. Do you expect to stay the same weight every single day for the rest of your life? Maintenance is generally within 5lb worth of fluctuations.

If you really think 1.4lb will make a difference to your appearance, go and see a doctor, please.

Actually, at the low end of healthy, a pound can make a serious difference in appearance. I wavered back and forth worrying that I might have an eating disorder because I didn't want to stop at 115...When I was 118, (the pic on my profile) I felt pretty good about my body, but really wanted to lose a little more fat on my tummy from my babies...I didn't see how that much could go away in 3lbs. But the difference between 117 and 118 was amazing. It all went from my tummy. I've found that this happens more and more the closer I get to goal - When I was obese, and overweight, the losses were pretty much all over, and 5lbs or even 10lbs didn't make a lot of difference in my appearance. Now, sometimes, even half a pound will...

That said - I wish the OP would find the range she's comfortable with. I think of "weight" as the number we see most often on the scale...you eat pizza one night, and it goes up 2lbs. You drink a lot of water, it goes back down. Maintenance is both easy and hard...but much easier once you accept that it is not a single weight, but a weight range...No alarm bells should go off until you start to see that number at the top of your range crop up - then you start watching your intake for a week or two...and you're back where you started..
  • ginnmaya
    Options
    don't have meal plan for you. I am still trying to find my own!! but with that said, I thought this was a support site!!
    so why are some of you being mean about it.
    if you don't want to help her, like the saying,( if you don't have something good to say don't say anything)!
    Let someone else answer her. I was so happy to find this spot thought I could ask for help, but guess I was wrong!
    No matter where you go always find Haters!!!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Well you are assuming that she has an eating disorder and I find you judgemental and irritating - this is not an anorexia clinic to cure people or make judgements about them

You still haven't said why juicing 2 of FOUR not three meals is bad - or offered any more helpful suggestion to the OP

She was plenty helpful, I thought. She wasn't mean or negative at all. In fact, encouraging OP to possibly take a deeper look into her thoughts or feelings about food is pretty sound, positive, advice. Especially since OP is someone who is underweight and whose previous posts about gaining 1lb are cause for concern.

OP you are probably just gaining water weight off and on. Please be careful and possibly seek counseling if you think your obsession about weight is consuming you..which it sounds like may be a very distinct possibility.

:flowerforyou:
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm struggling with maintaining and have been gaining lately (Not much but obviously I'm doing something wrong I've gone from 101.6 to 103.2 and it's not just water weight I've been 102.8-103.2 for a week now)

I'm just wondering if anyone is willing to make me meal plans for next week. (I will go shopping and buy whatever I need)
    I just need to learn what are some normal eating habits because I want to break out of intermittent fasting.

Well, it does look like you have your fun foods like Captain Crunch and some donuts which is fine. The rest of your food diary looks pretty healthy to me. I applaud you for losing nearly 60 lbs and I understand you are at maintenance now. Maintenance is hard and it's hard not to be hyper-vigilant about a couple lbs.

You are 18 so who's doing the grocery shopping and cooking? Your mom? That needs to be considered. I think your eating habits (by viewing your diary) are pretty normal. Don't sweat this.

How about getting ham and chicken and cutting it up, green peppers, mushrooms, cheese of your choice, onion too. Dice it all and put in individual containers. Buy fresh spinach or whatever type of lettuce you desire, also salad dressing. Make a salad every day for lunch. Figure out what type of soup you like. I currently have split pea, carrot and ham in the fridge. Make a big pot of it and have it all week. How about chilli? Have whatever the family is having for dinner. Don't deprive yourself of a treat here and there; just don't eat the whole box. MODERATION.

For breakfast, I add about 1/3 cup of Quinoa to my flavored oatmeal; "Better Oats."

The key to maintaining your weight loss now is moderation. Too often, people who gain a ton and lose a ton have an "all or nothing attitude" and that's harmful. Try to get to the point where you weigh yourself only once a week. Don't sweat if it's up a couple lbs or even down a couple lbs. You now have a window of weight you need to maintain, not a specific number in your head.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Ignore these mean people - why does everything need to have a damn price tag? Jeez! This is healthcare in my mind, healthcare SHOULD be free to those who need it .. getting your car fixed requires a mechanic, tools, premesis, expensive equipment and isn't the same as giving someone advice on food intake when they have asked for help...

so without further ado..

I've had some awesome results juicing 2 of my 3 meals a day, lost 22lb in a month (doing insanity also)

I Juice twice in the morning, early, mid morning, a PROPER LUNCH - maybe chicken salad or tuna, jacket potatoe with baked beans is awesomely filling -- i've also cheated and been out for quite a few meals with friends, tend to stick with steak and ignore the fries which suits me fine.

I'm no scientist but it works for me!Did weight start going on for a reason? i.e. are you doing less excercise now?

The best ever tip for losing weight is to quit dairy altogether! Milk, Yoghurt (yes even the low fat stuff), Cheese, Bread, Cereal, Pasta - its all processed shyte! - same for breakfast Cereal is just processed crap - just get rid of them totally and go raw! anything where they have to 'add iron' is a bad thing - wtf can wheat be so devoid of iron that they have to put it back in

If you want to really supercharge it then get active and do some crazy excercise - don't do it for hours .. just do 30-45 mins and do it hard!!! don't mess about :)

Remember nomatter how big or small your belly is..it remains the same number of cells, the only difference between a 6 pack and a 15 pack is the size of each cell, your goal is to reduce the size of each cell not 'lose' weight so to speak -- and you do that by not eating stuff that makes each cell expand in size .. thats my rather poor understanding of it, but its enough to motivate me into doing mostly the right thing

Good luck!
    Jay x

Thanks - i'll take that as a compliment .. my 6 pack abs will also take it as a compliment that speaks louder than anyone trying to talk badly about the good and bad of my eating habits - food is just fuel to me, you supercharge yourself with good nutrients and let nature do its work!

Take a look at these peoples stats and pay for their advice if you like, you can downtalk me whilst offering nothing to the conversation -

meanwhile i will continue to have a 6 pack, continue to pass go and continue to collect £200 and continue to competitively fight MMA - so i don't find these comments particularly constructive, if you know of something wrong with what i've said then call it out instead of whining about it and put something constructive - i.e. don't listen to this person because of X

So many self interested people on this forum willing to downtalk others because they have an interest in selling their services, when we are all here for the same reason! - to get fit! I find your post offensive to be frank - be nice or leave

I'm not sure what you find offensive about my statement, but I said it because your post was filled with pseudo-science. Also, because something worked for you does not mean it's the only way for a person to lose weight.

You completely ignore the fact that the OP is almost underweight, and you suggest juicing 2 out of 3 of her meals. She is already in disordered eating territory, and you offer suggestions that would only further it. I and others offered plenty to the conversation, which you apparently missed.

It's your opinion of me, and that's fine.

I didn't say she had an eating disorder. I said she was in eating disorder territory by having such negative thoughts of gaining a pound when she is borderline underweight.

I don't have to say why suggesting to a borderline underweight girl to juice 2 out of 4 meals is a bad idea. Suggesting any weight loss method probably isn't a good idea for her.

And anything you think of me still doesn't negate the fact that everything you suggested for her to do is complete nonsense. Especially this part:
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    If you lost 60lb on MFP you obviously know how to count calories. Why not calculate your TDEE and plan some meals yourself with this information? None of us know what you like to eat, what is available in your area, how much you want to spend on food.

If you want someone to write a meal plan for you perhaps PAY to consult a nutritionist or dietician.
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Hey,

so without further ado..

Good luck!
    Jay x

It's your opinion of me, and that's fine.

I didn't say she had an eating disorder. I said she was in eating disorder territory by having such negative thoughts of gaining a pound when she is borderline underweight.

I don't have to say why suggesting to a borderline underweight girl to juice 2 out of 4 meals is a bad idea. Suggesting any weight loss method probably isn't a good idea for her.

And anything you think of me still doesn't negate the fact that everything you suggested for her to do is complete nonsense. Especially this part:

Well to be fair i did say my understanding was poor! I didn't say it was a science lesson but if you could post up something i'd love to know more accurately how it works - my understadning was just as described, fat is just cell bloat essentially! reduce that cell bloat and your body will be much much leaner
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    don't have meal plan for you. I am still trying to find my own!! but with that said, I thought this was a support site!!
    so why are some of you being mean about it.
    if you don't want to help her, like the saying,( if you don't have something good to say don't say anything)!
    Let someone else answer her. I was so happy to find this spot thought I could ask for help, but guess I was wrong!
    No matter where you go always find Haters!!!

Actually, the 'haters' are the ones giving the solid advice. :wink:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Well to be fair i did say my understanding was poor! I didn't say it was a science lesson but if you could post up something i'd love to know more accurately how it works - my understadning was just as described, fat is just cell bloat essentially! reduce that cell bloat and your body will be much much leaner

Weight loss is calories in < calories out. Beyond that explanation, I'm not going to waste my time.

As far as your understanding of what fat is, well, asimple google search will tell you differently. I don't have the inclination to create a post the size of a textbook on here.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    *kitten* is getting real

Cat-gif-cats-15443764-340-255.gif
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Weight loss is calories in < calories out. Beyond that explanation, I'm not going to waste my time.

As far as your understanding of what fat is, well, asimple google search will tell you differently. I don't have the inclination to create a post the size of a textbook on here.

Such an angry person! you do make me chuckle but are showing yourself up here to be quite the 'piece of work'

This is a place to learn if i wanted to learn about fitness and make friends on the same journey to their goals not hear nonsense from the self righteous who think they are some kind of fitness geniau.

You are succeeding in neither of those goals with posts about how precious your time is, telling people they are anorexic or how its not worth your time to answer questions - if you've nothing nice to say why don't you just f*** off back from where you came and stop hijacking threads.

Oh and if your knowledge on fat came from google then i'm not surprised that you appear so arrogant.

Lol.... the advice you gave was worse then her rough response.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

Such an angry person! you do make me chuckle but are showing yourself up here to be quite the 'piece of work'

This is a place to learn if i wanted to learn about fitness and make friends on the same journey to their goals not hear nonsense from the self righteous who think they are some kind of fitness geniau.

You are succeeding in neither of those goals with posts about how precious your time is, telling people they are anorexic or how its not worth your time to answer questions - if you've nothing nice to say why don't you just f*** off back from where you came and stop hijacking threads.

Oh and if your knowledge on fat came from google then i'm not surprised that you appear so arrogant.

:laugh: <---Laughing, see? Not angry at all!

Actually, I learned where fat comes from when I was in junior high biology class, not google. It's information that is widely available on the internet, though. Hence, my suggestion.

I was criticizing how that poster was so convinced in how his advice was right, and yet his lack of understanding discredits him.
  • michelleintx
    michelleintx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok, gonna lighten this up for a second... where the heck do you find bananas that weigh over 300 grams (270 calories)....
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Ok, gonna lighten this up for a second... where the heck do you find bananas that weigh over 300 grams (270 calories)....

Maybe more then 1 banana?
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    OP Why do you want to stop IF? it's a lifelong commitment. It should be the BEST tool in your toolbox to maintain. Do you seriously WANT to eat 6 times per day? Waste of time IMO and it will make you less productive due to downtime for prep, meals at home, school or work. Stick to IF, determine your true TDEE and stay on track.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    OP Why do you want to stop IF? it's a lifelong commitment. It should be the BEST tool in your toolbox to maintain. Do you seriously WANT to eat 6 times per day? Waste of time IMO and it will make you less productive due to downtime for prep, meals at home, school or work. Stick to IF, determine your true TDEE and stay on track.

Maybe she, like me, found it wasn't right anymore. There has been some evidence to suggest males get on better with it than women. Hormone stuff.

Either way, one meal, six, (what's wrong with 2,3,4 and 5), finding tdee will be her goal if she hasn't already done it.

That's not really the issue here. She's anxious about losing control and gaining the weight back, yet she wants to eat like a normal person. She's smart, and hopefully will listen to the good advice coming her way about maintenance windows, gaining muscle and getting off the scales.

I know she will find a happy maintenance and have a normal moderate eating life.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

As someone whose been IF'ing for over 2 years now. It makes no difference... it's just an eating protocol.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Good Luck - I'm sure you can do it
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey,

so without further ado..

Good luck!
    Jay x

this is helpful, and i would say that if this a site where we help each other, thats kinda what we should do, isnt it??
    anyway...my only advice is eat more protein than carbs, and try to walk for about 30 mins a day at least...