Runner/Lesbian/Not New/Over 1200 cals

Options
LadyDi126
LadyDi126 Posts: 18 Member
I've been on here for awhile, but I am looking for some new friends! I'm generally logged on through my phone app, so I am rarely on the forums.

I'm a super slow runner, and I post about running quite a bit. I don't believe my diary is open, but I am not an obsessive tracker in any way. Overly restrictive eating in the past has led to lengthy binges, so I prefer to eat in moderation and enjoy treats in my every day.

I am not actively concerned about the scale. I'm just on here to motivate each other for a healthy, balanced life style. If this is something you are interested in as well, please be my friend! :flowerforyou:

P.S. I like men so long as they are not hitting on me! I'm very happily taken! :love:

Replies

• Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I am a relatively new runner. Training to run the Air Force Half Marathon in September. I have walked it 3 times, time to run it. :-)

I've been logging my food and exercise for 25 days now and have done a decent job. Trying to eat healthy.

LOVE your shirt in your profile pic!!!
  • LadyDi126
    Options
    Good Morning! I am a relatively new runner. Training to run the Air Force Half Marathon in September. I have walked it 3 times, time to run it. :-)

I've been logging my food and exercise for 25 days now and have done a decent job. Trying to eat healthy.

LOVE your shirt in your profile pic!!!

Thank you!! I found it on cafepress and waited to wear it until I finished my 1/2. I'm planning to run my second 1/2 in September. I know that if I'm not actively working on a goal, I will let myself slide.
  • Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I might have to get myself one of those.

I don't have a time goal, I just have a finish without walking goal. :-)

The first year I walked it I finished in 3:39, second year 3:19, last year I ran a little bit and got 3:05. So wanted to break 3 hours, but I hadn't trained at all to run it and my hips just couldn't make it.

Good luck to you!!!
  • LadyDi126
    Options
    Same to you!
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I just ran my first half a month ago (I also love your shirt)
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Hi New runner myself...Not fast but I really don't care

I have run 3 5ks so far ...One of them was a trail run kicked my butt but I really liked it. Never had a time goal just a goal to finish.

Started with the c25k program Loved it... Moving on to the c210k

Like your shirt.. Making a half marathon one of my long term goals..

Happy Running!!!
  • LadyDi126
    Options
    One of the most beneficial things for my running has been accepting that I am a runner and I am slow. I finished my first 1/2 in under 3 hours and I was not even close to being last. I had a few complications, including shin splints, dehydration, and massive hills that I walked (with A LOT of other walkers...lol). Next time I know I can work to improve and prevent those issues, but I'm ok with never running fast. I'm just not a competitive person! I would really encourage anyone to check out Hal Higdon's novice training plan an finding a non competitive half if that's a life goal. :happy: