Smoothies!!!!!

Options
BrownEyedBetty
BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
So I hate to eat breakfast and one thing I do to get something in my body in the morning is drink smoothies. Does anybody have any good recipes? I feel like the ones I am using now which consist of fruit, low fat yogurt, 1% milk and ice are boring? Any ideas? Especially recipes full of energy and that are filling because with my job (O.R. Nurse) I am lucky if I get a break in the morning. Thanks!

Replies

• AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I 6oz container of fat free vanilla yogurt
    1/2 - 3/4 cup blackberries
    1/3 cup skim milk
    1 scoop GNC Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
    3 ice cubes

245 calories
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I like the green monster smoothie:

1 cup skim milk (I use almond milk)
    1 frozen banana (I usually just use a fresh banana and add ice)
    1 scoop protein powder (I use vanilla)
    2 cups fresh baby spinach...you can't taste the spinach. It just turns the smoothie green and gives you tons of nutrients.

Blend and enjoy!!

I am gonna try throwing in some frozen strawberries one time. And maybe some peanut butter another time.
  • everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the green monster smoothie:

1 cup skim milk (I use almond milk)
    1 frozen banana (I usually just use a fresh banana and add ice)
    1 scoop protein powder (I use vanilla)
    2 cups fresh baby spinach...you can't taste the spinach. It just turns the smoothie green and gives you tons of nutrients.

Blend and enjoy!!

I am gonna try throwing in some frozen strawberries one time. And maybe some peanut butter another time.

I was just going to suggest the same thing! Here is the website:

http://greenmonstermovement.com/
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a "recipe" per se but I do go by a loose formula. I do one part greens (spinach, kale, parsley, romaine or broccoli) Two parts fruit and if I'm feeling like it I'll do one part dairy as well (kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese or coconut milk). Usually I just stick with the fruit and the greens but then I don't rely on mine for a meal. If I do want protein I add some cashews because they give it a nice, creamy texture. Chia seeds also have a lot of protein and fiber and flax seeds are good too.

If I need a chocolate fix I add cocoa powder to a spinach, blueberry or strawberry and banana smoothie. i don't sweeten mine anymore but if you need sweetener seedless dates are good. They're very sweet but add fiber and not just empty calories.
  • Randy63
    Options
    I make a chocolate protein shake after my morning workout. 8 oz. of skim milk, 1 egg beater, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter, sometimes a pinch of flaxseed, and crushed ice. Can also add a banana as option.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I used to work at Smoothie King, and we put a dash of honey in a lot of the smoothies. It's good!
  • BrownEyedBetty
    BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your ideas!
  • davology
    Options
    I like to get going with this banana/berry smoothie a couple days/week
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
    1/2 small, peeled ripe banana
    1/4 cup stemmed, sliced strawberries honey to taste
    1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla soy protein powder