Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Runner/Lesbian/Not New/Over 1200 cals

LadyDi126
LadyDi126 Posts: 18 Member
I've been on here for awhile, but I am looking for some new friends! I'm generally logged on through my phone app, so I am rarely on the forums.

I'm a super slow runner, and I post about running quite a bit. I don't believe my diary is open, but I am not an obsessive tracker in any way. Overly restrictive eating in the past has led to lengthy binges, so I prefer to eat in moderation and enjoy treats in my every day.

I am not actively concerned about the scale. I'm just on here to motivate each other for a healthy, balanced life style. If this is something you are interested in as well, please be my friend! :flowerforyou:

P.S. I like men so long as they are not hitting on me! I'm very happily taken! :love:

Replies

• Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Good Morning! I am a relatively new runner. Training to run the Air Force Half Marathon in September. I have walked it 3 times, time to run it. :-)

I've been logging my food and exercise for 25 days now and have done a decent job. Trying to eat healthy.

LOVE your shirt in your profile pic!!!
  • LadyDi126
    Good Morning! I am a relatively new runner. Training to run the Air Force Half Marathon in September. I have walked it 3 times, time to run it. :-)

I've been logging my food and exercise for 25 days now and have done a decent job. Trying to eat healthy.

LOVE your shirt in your profile pic!!!

Thank you!! I found it on cafepress and waited to wear it until I finished my 1/2. I'm planning to run my second 1/2 in September. I know that if I'm not actively working on a goal, I will let myself slide.
  • Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    I might have to get myself one of those.

I don't have a time goal, I just have a finish without walking goal. :-)

The first year I walked it I finished in 3:39, second year 3:19, last year I ran a little bit and got 3:05. So wanted to break 3 hours, but I hadn't trained at all to run it and my hips just couldn't make it.

Good luck to you!!!
  • LadyDi126
    Same to you!
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Good Luck to you! I just ran my first half a month ago (I also love your shirt)
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Hi New runner myself...Not fast but I really don't care

I have run 3 5ks so far ...One of them was a trail run kicked my butt but I really liked it. Never had a time goal just a goal to finish.

Started with the c25k program Loved it... Moving on to the c210k

Like your shirt.. Making a half marathon one of my long term goals..

Happy Running!!!
  • LadyDi126
    One of the most beneficial things for my running has been accepting that I am a runner and I am slow. I finished my first 1/2 in under 3 hours and I was not even close to being last. I had a few complications, including shin splints, dehydration, and massive hills that I walked (with A LOT of other walkers...lol). Next time I know I can work to improve and prevent those issues, but I'm ok with never running fast. I'm just not a competitive person! I would really encourage anyone to check out Hal Higdon's novice training plan an finding a non competitive half if that's a life goal. :happy: