Will this help me gain LEarn musclemass?

Options
So i am 21 years old Male, 172cm and 75kilos.

I have had a bad relation with food. Been eating healthy but eating to littel food. and i am now relaizing i am esting to little. So i did te math to figure out how many calories i need. Carbs, fat and proteins. I just need some advice from more experienced people.

I want to setup a diet plant to increase my calorie intake and also increase appetite.

On paper i noe got

214gram Protein 30%
353gram Carbs 50%
63grams fat 20%

Is this right? I want to gain musclemass and tone up. Gain musclemass and lose bodyfat.. I dont have much extra bodyfat.. I just want to get toned.

I workout 3 times a week in the gym with a personal trainer. Weight training ,core training, power lifting.

Also thinkiining about doing 15 minutes of jogging three times a week.

Will this diet help me gain lean musclemass? I want a sixpack! ;D

Sorry for my bad norwegian english

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    You can lose the weight/body fat.....but you will not gain muscle mass in the process.

If you lift while losing weight, then you will develop the muscle, and as u lower your BF%, then the muscles will show through.

It takes time and you have to stay on point, and I would suggest lifting heavy.
    Compound exercises.

Regarding your numbers
    You need to figure out how many calories you should take in to lose weight first.
    Then comprise those calories of::
    Protein == 0.8 - 1.0 gr / pound of body weight
    Fat == 0.4 gr / pound of body weight....(Minimum)
    Carbs can be the remainder of your calorie intake
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You can lose the weight/body fat.....but you will not gain muscle mass in the process.

If you lift while losing weight, then you will develop the muscle, and as u lower your BF%, then the muscles will show through.

It takes time and you have to stay on point, and I would suggest lifting heavy.
    Compound exercises.

Regarding your numbers
    You need to figure out how many calories you should take in to lose weight first.
    Then comprise those calories of::
    Protein == 0.8 - 1.0 gr / pound of body weight
    Fat == 0.4 gr / pound of body weight....(Minimum)
    Carbs can be the remainder of your calorie intake

Good advice.

I'd start at around 2500 cals.
    150-200P/60-80F/remainder carbs.

Look up beginner strength programs like stronglifts or starting strength. (Or ice cream fitness 5x5 is a GREAT all rounder IMO)

WHen you want to gain muscle there will always be some fat gain but if you don't have a very large surplus (amount over maintenance) then there shouldn't be "too" much.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Just reread your post

Sorry you need to pick a way to go....

You say you want to "lean" up, but also want to increase your calories.

You can't do both
  • arfuss
    arfuss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    First i guess i need to gain musclemass. But i really just need 2500kcl. I added 300 to be able to gain musclemass.

Aslong as i eat Wholegrain and complex carbs.. Wont i just gain lean musclemass?
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    No, how much "lean" muscle mass you gain depends on amount and quality of resistance training, calorie surplus and to some degree genetics/age/etc..