I'm in SO MUCH pain!

Options
2»

Replies

• stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awe thank you everyone. All your comments are gratefully received and taken on board.

I've only just started the whole exercise thing, and am enjoying it. I just wanted to prove that I can do it and make them proud of me, but looking back I may have gone a little OTT on it.

I'm trying to stretch my legs out under my desk, but I can't even put them on my foot rest at the moment under my desk.

I'm so dumb :frown:
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Drink water
    Hot bath
    Stretch
    Work out again soon - maybe not as hard as last time, but keep at it. Soon you will be able to keep up with them! Being in pain means you are WINNING. Keep at it!!!
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    That's normal...You should see me after leg day. Soak in a Epsom salt bath and always cool down with a stretch ALWAYS!
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Stretching with a foam roller helps me the most
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your advice! I will be trying everything out.

Even trying to get up and sit down is painful at the moment. I look pregnant from the way I have to get up and down! :ohwell:

I have never noticed my muscles before, but even sat down in a chair at my desk I can still feel the pain in my legs.

Thank you again everyone. You are all wonderful people! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the land of DOMS.

My *kitten* hurts right now, doms for days.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Legs are feeling a little easier today, still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday.

Thank you all so much for all your help. Its so nice to know there are other people out there feeling my pain!

xx
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just want to add a tip for getting down the stairs - If you go down backwards it is a lot less painful. That's how I go down the stairs for a couple of days after a half or full marathon.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Everything that needed saying has been said.

So I'll say this as an addendum:

Don't try to keep up with people are way ahead of you.

It's one thing to show up and do the work- but don't' try to workout above your level. There is no shame in being tired- or fatiqued- you aren't in the same shape- so don't expect the same conditioning and speed/pace/weights.