Ode to jeans...... i hate you.

Options
I decided that I need to revisit my feeling on this topic since I obviously fell off the wagon since my initial post...:explode:

JEANS.... well well well look what the cat drug in..

So I realized this morning that it was time to ... (bites fist) .. (takes deep breath)..... try on all my old jeans. :sad:
THERE I said it!!!

Granted, I do realize this could result in a episode of closet eating while curled up in the fetal position surrounded by chocolate wrappers and pizza crusts .. but I needed to know where I was at. I cant live in leggings and work clothes the rest of my life.

My jeans sizes range greatly but basically they are arranged super chunky to goal weight in three stages. :drinker:

*****Super Chunky = Got past my thighs, but the waist is to tight. HOW CAN I NOT FIT IN MY FAT PANTS???!!??? :mad:

These are beyond muffin top... more like mushroom. Seriously, a caterpillar could smoke a hookah while berating a small girl while sitting on this fat roll. :smokin:

So, to fit into these will be about 15lbs.

*****Regular Chubby = Stuck on my thighs.

I look like cookie dough caught in a bear trap.
Its ugly, ghastly, yet you cant look away. Hey who's that fat girl trying to get in those jeans... oh wait thats me. My thighs.... how I loath you. You are so disproportionate to my child bearing hips... wait... no actually you match... I'm Fat. :drinker:

To fit into these will be 20-30lbs.

*******Goal Weight = laugh HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.... knee to mid thigh lockage. :noway:

I am not even sure these would fit on my arms right now. noway Well, I know who isnt craving sweet now ... this fatty right here. I honestly thought "Wow, I thought I was fat when i fit in these!?!!?!?!?!??!" I could slap myself!

I will be able to wear these in 40-60lbs

I felt a lot of emotions after doing this..... disappointed in myself, angry, sad.

But I also feel excited...... because now i KNOW.

I am on my way.

No closet eating or coach binging tonight! I am going to do this
It also gave me the idea to make myself a reward list.

Anyway just sharing my nightmare that is JEANS. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I understand keeping some to fit into once you've hit your goal.... but why not buy a new pair in the meantime?

:huh:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

I look like cookie dough caught in a bear trap.

:laugh: This just cracked me up.
  • Auraonfire
    Auraonfire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is why I came back to myfitpal, my husvband is a bad influence and while it's totally my decision on what I eat I didn't notice I put on about 15lbs!

What I did notice was all my cute little sz 9 jeans not fitting anymore some like you said not even going over my hips. Ermagherd!

But I tried a pair on yesterday after losing 8.5 lbs and got them buttoned with some less than desirable muffin top -.-

The struggle is real.

Leggings till I lose 5-10 more. Lol
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I understand keeping some to fit into once you've hit your goal.... but why not buy a new pair in the meantime?

:huh:

Sadly, most of these are new.
    My weight gain was very unexpected.
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This is why I came back to myfitpal, my husvband is a bad influence and while it's totally my decision on what I eat I didn't notice I put on about 15lbs!

What I did notice was all my cute little sz 9 jeans not fitting anymore some like you said not even going over my hips. Ermagherd!

But I tried a pair on yesterday after losing 8.5 lbs and got them buttoned with some less than desirable muffin top -.-

The struggle is real.

Leggings till I lose 5-10 more. Lol

LOL.... dang leggins....so comfy :blushing:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    This post was soooooo funny/sad/pathetic/brave!
    Good for you for just tackling your issues head-on or should I say feet first?
    I'm mixing my metaphors as usual but:
    You can and will get into your smallest size and DON'T give in and buy a new larger size!
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love your "Hookah smokin' caterpillar" roll description! You had me roll-ing on the floor laughing!
    Good luck Hon, Stick to it!
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options

These are beyond muffin top... more like mushroom. Seriously, a caterpillar could smoke a hookah while berating a small girl while sitting on this fat roll. :smokin:

This made me laugh rather loudly while at work. :embarassed:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Amg, I love you.

Be my friend.

Was that to creepy?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you did it before...you'll do it again!
    loved your humorous approach despite the depression inducing trying on session!

come on gal, get focused and the pounds will soon start melting away :)
  • awomaninsane
    awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is funny! I remember lying on the bed zipping up my jeans and then not being able to sit up in them cos they were too tight.

Keep at it, you'll soon be using those fat jeans as a sleeping bag!
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Actually this reminds me of that Chingy song, 'Dem Jeans'

http://youtu.be/MT06ni48T3k

:D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You could write chick lit for women who hate themselves. Just wow.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I remember being at this spot in my journey. My closet was full of various sizes and nothing fit properly. The good news is, I got past it and was finally able to throw them all away!! So you'll get there as well. I had size 14 jeans, down to size 6. Now I'm size 4 -so finally got to get rid of all the various sizes. So one by one, you'll fit in them, then they'll get too big, until you finally are able to get rid of them all :-)
  • sara17sb
    sara17sb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!! "Laughing through tears is my favorite emotion" - steel magnolias. I went from one post to the next and had a laugh....and it's funny because it's true. Now I have a new way to describe myself putting on my old jeans! I also have an array of leggings..sheesh. When you can wear something to scrub your toilet and go to work that's a beautiful thing..and sad at the same time
  • sara17sb
    sara17sb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!! "Laughing through tears is my favorite emotion" - steel magnolias. I went from one post to the next and had a laugh....and it's funny because it's true. Now I have a new way to describe myself putting on my old jeans! I also have an array of leggings..sheesh. When you can wear something to scrub your toilet and go to work that's a beautiful thing..and sad at the same time
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You just made my morning. A sense of humor will come in handy on your weight loss. :drinker::laugh:
  • cdstaufenbiel
    cdstaufenbiel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Girl...you are not alone in the jean minefield! Your post cracked me up! Good luck with getting back into your goal jean size!
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS wear jeans...why? Because they tell me if my weight is fluctuating. I never wear leggings for more than 3 days in a row. Good luck getting back into your goal jeans. I have a pair or 2 that I try on once a month to see how I am progressing.
  • Tinatot125
    Tinatot125 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great post. When I started trying to lose weight one of my main goals was to feel comfortable in a pair of jeans. It's a struggle but worth it. Love being able to pull on a pair of jeans and a top and feel confident about my body. Good luck