Struggling with calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Owlibee
    Owlibee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Read your profile, and looked at your photos, and I do not see someone who looks like a 'skeleton' at all ? I am guessing in terms of size, you are a Uk size 10? Which is really not that small with today's vanity sizing... I do not know if others have been commenting on your appearance, but I just wanted to say, I personally think you look fine and healthy.

That said, try nuts, seeds, porridge(oatmeal), avocado, full fat dairy, such as cheese and yoghurt, add butter and cream to things, have a dessert after dinner each night and enjoy, cashew butter is amazing as an alternative to peanut butter and there are some protein bars that hit 250-300 calories if at a push. Ice cream, as someone already said, is a good one, or frozen yoghurt even. Try just adding extra snacks in, and have something before bed if you can manage it.

I like the idea of lots of icecream :D

You can see my bones on all three pictures and how my clothes hang off me

Yes I am a UK size 10 but I am underweight

Ice cream seems like the nicest idea for me :)

I wish I had a Monty Python gif from the Holy Grail "Just look at the bones!" So, a good (healthy) sized rabbit (google search rabbit stew healthy 14 day diet) could fill you up, preferably white. Or steak, or ice cream, or pork, or ice cream, or venison, or ice cream, or beef jerky, or ice cream, or alligator, or ice cream. I think you get the idea, a little protein, and a little(or lot of) ice cream.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    on your profile you say you want to be curvy, not skinny, but unfortunately you cant really change your body type very much even by gaining weight. adding some muscle may give the impression of more curves, but you cant do anything about genetics!

i'm presuming you're quite tall if you're a size 10?

I Use to be 10 stone and was very curvy, got lots of compliments for it :)

I am 5 foot 6

so do what you were doing then...
  • TavistockToad
    Options

BREAKFAST: Two portions of bran flakes with whole milk

LUNCH: Tuna and cheese sandwhich

DINNER: Roast chicken breast with 12 roast potatoes (preperared with two large tablespoons of butter) and half tin baked beans

SNACKS: Two packs of hula hoops, chocolate bar, portion of jelly

you might want to add a bit more fruit and veg, just from a health perspective.
  • WinnerMom27
    WinnerMom27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts are the key to gaining weight. Take it from me first hand LOL
  • jodiemhorton
    jodiemhorton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bread with jam and butter mmmmmmmmmmmm or bread rolls
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    what about fast food? or are you trying to gain lean mass?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    on your profile you say you want to be curvy, not skinny, but unfortunately you cant really change your body type very much even by gaining weight. adding some muscle may give the impression of more curves, but you cant do anything about genetics!

I am 5 foot 6

FYI - UK size 10 is US 6.

ETA: added the bold.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I am 5 foot 6

not sure what point you're trying to make by bolding that comment? i am in the uk, so i know how big a size 10 is....?
  • low_esteem23
    low_esteem23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eat a hearty breakfast. Eggs with cheese, maybe an omelete with everything. Bacon, sausage. with toast or just a bagel with everything on it...
    or more than just bran cereal maybe frosted miniwheats or cap'n crunch or something with more calories than bran.

To your lunch: fast food....
    or add more mayo on your tuna. and add some other things too like, bacon.

Dinner: eat a pizza...
    or to your roast chicken and potatoes add butter.

Desert: eat it
  • Auraonfire
    Auraonfire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Nutella? Tastes nothing like peanut butter, but has the same calories and makes a great ice cream topping.

I am addicted to nutella, Have it on everything and dip most things into it as well XD

Omnomnom
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

I am 5 foot 6

not sure what point you're trying to make by bolding that comment? i am in the uk, so i know how big a size 10 is....?
    Whoops, I assumed you didn't since a size 6 is pretty average!

DERP :blushing:
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I am 5 foot 6

exactly, so for the OP to be very slim at that size i would presume she is very tall.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Personally, w/o an open diary so that we can see what you ARE eating, I don't think suggestions are helpful.
    Allow others to see what you have been eating and what your meals are like.... You'll get better answers.

btw, I also hate peanut butter, mayo and cheesecake but they are all quite caloric????????????????????????

Yesterday

DINNER: Roast chicken breast with 12 roast potatoes (preperared with two large tablespoons of butter) and half tin baked beans

Unless you love them, I would personally drop the bran flakes and choose something that is more calorically dense or something that is easy to add extra calories to. For example, you could make an omelet with two eggs, some cheese, some sauteed veggies if you want, then top with avocado or sour cream. I know that's a lot of food prep for a day when you're trying to get to work or school, though. Maybe some full-fat yogurt with granola or fruit? Depending on the brand, granola can pack in a lot of calories.

You can also try eating more substantial snacks throughout the day. I have a hard time eating bigger meals, but I can pretty easily eat a 300-400 calorie snack in between each meal, and then have ice cream before bed.
  • Owlibee
    Options

I am 5 foot 6

A size 12-14 is average and I would be at a healthy weight to be that size

I am a UK size 10 and underweight

I only weigh 8 stone at the moment
  • Owlibee
    Options
    Personally, w/o an open diary so that we can see what you ARE eating, I don't think suggestions are helpful.
    Allow others to see what you have been eating and what your meals are like.... You'll get better answers.

btw, I also hate peanut butter, mayo and cheesecake but they are all quite caloric????????????????????????

Yesterday

Unless you love them, I would personally drop the bran flakes and choose something that is more calorically dense or something that is easy to add extra calories to. For example, you could make an omelet with two eggs, some cheese, some sauteed veggies if you want, then top with avocado or sour cream. I know that's a lot of food prep for a day when you're trying to get to work or school, though. Maybe some full-fat yogurt with granola or fruit? Depending on the brand, granola can pack in a lot of calories.

You can also try eating more substantial snacks throughout the day. I have a hard time eating bigger meals, but I can pretty easily eat a 300-400 calorie snack in between each meal, and then have ice cream before bed.

I need branflakes or my IBS ngoes out of control XD

BUT The omelette idea sounds good for lunch or a afternoon snack :)
  • Elretardo616
    Options
    Liquid cals are the best. Make a shake with oats, milk, nutella, honey, olive oil, anything you can throw in, tons of cals! Also exercise makes you hungry. Go for walks or do any low intensity cardio for 20-40 mins to boost appetite. One thing i also find useful is to eat regularly. Get something, anything in first thing in the morning and eat regularly from there, this keeps me very hungry all day and i eat 4000+ cals.

The best way to gain weight though is to build muscle. Get on a good training programme and fill out with muscle aswell as some bodyfat.