can't find any running shorts with pockets!?!

Options
The mornings are getting hotter and my thick black jogging bottoms will be the death of me. I'm looking for a pair of baggy running shorts but I need somewhere to put my phone/keys. I can't run without music either and I like to track my runs so phone is essential.
Does anyone have any brands or pairs they know off with pockets? It would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I doubt you'll find running shorts with pockets big enough to hold your phone, but I could be wrong... I use a Flipbelt (flipbelt.com) for my bigger items when I run.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    I don't think you will? Thinking about it I've never seen any with pockets, it wouldn't be an average runners preference to have things in their pockets while running...You could get a arm band that holds your phone and has a zipper pocket to put like keys and a chap stick in. D!ck's Sporting goods(sorry it blocked the word -_- and I had to get creative) or even like a Walmart sells them then everything is hands free.
  • lwanbaugh81
    lwanbaugh81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Get an armband for your phone, most have a little slot for a key.
  • tdecel
    tdecel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a male, but I always get mine from a New Balance outlet on line (Joe's). I do believe seeing some for women too.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has running shorts with a rear pocket that will fit an iPhone, but not much else.

Sometimes I use the flipbelt. Or, on longer runs, I have a handheld water bottle from Nathan that has a pocket big enough for my phone, cash, lip balm, and a key.

http://flipbelt.com/

http://nathansports.com/hydration/handhelds

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/shorts-run/Run-Speed-Short-32138?cc=14714&skuId=3380082&catId=usrunshorts
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My nike shorts have pockets, however a cellphone in there? Walking yes, running nah...armband "feels" better for that :)
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have some with pockets, but I wouldn't trust to use them. While running my keys fell out one time and it was so difficult to look for them.
  • dmd5252
    dmd5252 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you wan't something with a zipper, I use a SPIbelt. If you google it, the website pops up. I believe most local running stores carry it or some variant.
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! The good solution I have found is to buy men's basketball shorts to run in. They're big and baggy and they all have pockets...but sometimes they bunch up between my legs when running because they're so long.

The other solution is to buy an armband or fanny pack/belt type thing to carry your phone and keys in. I got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Shells®-Outdoor-Elastic-Cycling-Personal/dp/B00FQHAM82/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1403706431&sr=8-9&keywords=running+fanny+pack

It holds my LG Optimus G, which is a pretty big phone, with no problem! Plus I'd have room for keys or other stuff, and it sits under my shirt so it doesn't look like a goofy fanny pack. :)
  • runfastmom
    runfastmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you can get a spi-belt. That little thing can hold everything.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I wear men's running shorts from REI. Two front pockets and a zippered pocket in the back.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Lululemon has tops with pockets for your cell. I'll admit though, I *hate* the sloshing around of my phone while it smacks me. I can't use an armband because I've had lymph nodes removed, so I carry mine in it's case while I run.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Get an armband for your phone, most have a little slot for a key.
    I tried the armband. It drove me nuts.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a SPIbelt.

I carry my car key, iPhone, ID, usually a couple of dollars and sometimes a credit card in mine with no problem. I can usually squeeze in a gu or two if I need to, but for runs that long, I generally carry a hand-held water bottle that has a pocket I use for the Gus.

Ted
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just bought something I LOVE and it holds my HUGE Galaxy note 2 phone (which has my running app and music source). It's able to hold bills, keys and is flat and is not a belt or armband. It's called the Running Buddy www.runningbuddy.com (I think) - amazon also sells them. It's a folded pouch that folds over your waistband and magnetically holds itself together, with a slim pocket to hold whatever you need. It doesn't bounce around and won't fall off. I did not want anything on my arms and did not want gear strapped aruond me so was really happy when I found this. They have multiple sizes for mp3s and phones of all sizes. check it out! Wear whatever you want to run in - as long as you have a waist band you're set. :) Good luck!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If you wan't something with a zipper, I use a SPIbelt. If you google it, the website pops up. I believe most local running stores carry it or some variant.

This. SPIbelts are awesome!
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    correction... I just checked and it's www.therunningbuddy.com. don't forget to include "the" in the url. again, good luck!
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Armbands and fanny packs and shoving things in your sports bra. Also if you can get a cheap biking shirt they have back pockets that you can put stuff in.
    Then again I just run with a key, my roadID band, and pepper spray. Personally cell phones are pretty useless for running. Just buy a watch and then put it into mapmyrun or Endomondo when you're done
  • hharp626
    hharp626 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tie your key to your shoe laces(double knot) and get an armband for your phone.