the declaration

Options
for the past year, I've faced some of the biggest battles you can encounter within a lifespan. I've also come to the stone cold realization that the perpetrator of those wars sometimes was myself. I took my dramatic weight loss for granted and I begin to resort to careless tactics healthwise. Well, I refuse to live like that anymore.

time isn't promised. look at the news and read the papers, it sure does sound like the end of the world sometimes, as cliche as that term is. today was day one and it means fast food is blasphemy (even Subway), exercise is required or your day hasn't ended, socializing will no longer be a valid excuse to eating crappy foods and I will take my life back.

I lost 100. I just feel like cursing because it overwhelms me! I'm literally halfway there in my life long journey and now I almost cast it off and slowly regenerate old bad habits. My apologies in advance for the vent but if it's any compensation, I truly feel slightly better.

By the way: I'm no health expert. I enjoy the people and information this site contains. However, I was really overweight, especially for my frame. For those who can empathize or need to lose more weight, please DON'T give up the fight. You can do it and it's such a beautiful thing. Realize there will be tribulations, hell read the above now about me, but when you pace yourself and get back on track one day at a time, you truly do surprise yourself in the long run.

Replies

• overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    for the past year, I've faced some of the biggest battles you can encounter within a lifespan. I've also come to the stone cold realization that the perpetrator of those wars sometimes was myself. I took my dramatic weight loss for granted and I begin to resort to careless tactics healthwise. Well, I refuse to live like that anymore.

time isn't promised. look at the news and read the papers, it sure does sound like the end of the world sometimes, as cliche as that term is. today was day one and it means fast food is blasphemy (even Subway), exercise is required or your day hasn't ended, socializing will no longer be a valid excuse to eating crappy foods and I will take my life back.

I lost 100. I just feel like cursing because it overwhelms me! I'm literally halfway there in my life long journey and now I almost cast it off and slowly regenerate old bad habits. My apologies in advance for the vent but if it's any compensation, I truly feel slightly better.

By the way: I'm no health expert. I enjoy the people and information this site contains. However, I was really overweight, especially for my frame. For those who can empathize or need to lose more weight, please DON'T give up the fight. You can do it and it's such a beautiful thing. Realize there will be tribulations, hell read the above now about me, but when you pace yourself and get back on track one day at a time, you truly do surprise yourself in the long run.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Here - here!! Sometimes we need to remind ourselves why we embarked on a particular journey or path.

Positive thoughts lead to positive results - you are in the right mindset to move forward.

Good Luck!:wink:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I agree with you take one day at a time. It took us so long to put this weight on, it can't vanish in one day. Its mind over matter. Once the mind accepts and realizes, it will soon start to believe. Thanks for your insight!