Stuck at 13 stone need help please (a long read)

Options
Hello all i have been on this site now for along time i need help with my current weight loss goal when i started i was 15 stone that was back in febuary of this year and now i am stuck at 13 stone it will move to 12.13 or will jump up to 13.7 i have been like this now for two months since may-now my stomach is about 41 inches i have lost 4 inches all together

i have tried all the calculators and i can't tell which one will be better for me i am 32 and my height is 5'5
i try to eat about 1500 cals or abit more and now i am doing weightlifting, i also drink atleast 2-3L of water a day

my macro set is ,CARBS:-20& since im not a carb eater, PROTEIN:-40& FAT:- 40&
my carbs come from fruit or veg i am staying away from bread and pasta, rice since i can eat then without thinking so i need to limit them . i dont really have a cheat meal or day

on one site called SPARKPEOPLE
my BMI this set me as 50% my MBR is 1824 and i have put this against scooby's calculator and it is 2 calories off

and on scooby's sit my TDEE is 2510 to maintain my weight and for my fatloss at 20% is 2008

but IITFYM site has my BMR at 1278 and there TDEE is 1757 and then 20& is1480 to lose weight and my BMI was 30.78

another site has my BMR at 2060 then 500 cals it is 1560

and then a site NOW LOSS has my cals per day to lose weight is 1587 - 2076

i just need a little push in the right direction please with my calories for my height

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So I am not familiar with all of those calculators so I will focus on Scooby vs. MFP since those are the ones I know.

MFP calculates your calories based off of your daily activity and subtracts calories from that to create a deficit based on you weight loss rate you selected in your profile (ie 1lb/week, 2lb/week, whatever your selected there). You then add your exercise in on the day your perform it and MFP gives you more calories.

Scooby takes your TDEE, the amount your burn daily plus whatever exercise you put in weekly, and averages that across the whole week. In the Scooby method you eat the same amount evey day reguardless of exercise. Scooby also creates your deficit as a % of your TDEE, to calculate out what this is per week take your TDEE - suggested intake X 7 = calorie deficit for the week. Divide that by 3500 to get the lbs you will lose in a week. Since the overall deficit is not necessarily the same (% of TDEE vs lbs/ week selected in MFP method) that will account for some of the variation.

Hopefully that all made sense, if not please ask for clarification :)

Either of these methods works fine, you just have to use it properly.

I was also confused because I looked at your diary and it only appears to go back a few days? Are you new to calorie counting and lost previously using other methods?
  • low_esteem23
    low_esteem23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Be HONEST with yourself about how much exercise you're actually doing so you know how many calories you actually need to consume. I like to think that i'm going to workout everyday but i really don't. I'm very busy with work and very tired at the end of the day. So i need to consume less than i actually would like to think i can get away with. I'm not sure how much 15 or 13 stone is but based on your measurement i think you're probably around the same as me. I'm not very active and i probably need 1500 calories to maintain weight. but as i'm trying to lose weight i need 1200. I base it weekly but use the intake level daily. if i have 1300 one day i'll do 1100 the next day etc so that it's basically even for the week. If i know i have something big on the weekend i may eat 1100-1000 or a bit less through the week so i can manage a little more on the weekend.
  • weswhitenation
    weswhitenation Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you the reply's, 13 stone is abit over 185 and 210 is 15 stone i wanna try for atleast 140 lbs which is 10 stone

my diary doesnt really get used i right it all down in a not pad i just it for the macros and other bits i need

i have been looking at the nowloss on which gives me 1587-2076

my pounds for the week if i use 2008 is about 4.176 lbs a week

but i do like that little tip if i put in 0.5lbs per week on my fitness it is 1850 but 1lbs loss will be at 1600 cals

so i am inbetween the nowloss range i am looking at going 1850 on training and 1600 on non training

i have also see a post about using your goal weight for calories per day