JUST TURNED 60 ---- OMG

Options
I just turned 60 in April and OMG, I need to get my butt into gear and start doing something. It is amazing how things drop as you get older. I live in Wisconsin, am married and have two cats, IPod and Snickers. On weekends we go up to our camper just to get away from the hustle and bustle in town. Love sports especially football and am a GB Packer fan and also a few others too (until they play the Packers). Enjoy reading and playing games on the computer. Hoping to make some friends along the way. Good luck to everyone on this journey that we all seem to be taking together.

Replies

• 1959sunshine
    1959sunshine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i am 54, 4 kids grown and gone, married (husband disaled). still working full time and need to get my butt in gear and lose this last 59 pounds. its driving me nuts.
  • msncush
    msncush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just turned 60 in June.
    How did time go by so fast? 60 sounds old but I don't feel old, ok, maybe on some days I do.
    I love MFP. It's easy to track my food and by doing that I am learning what I really eat.
    I know this is a process and I'm choosing each day to get better, one way or another. Smarter choices in food.
    Today I used a French vanilla creamer (fat free) in protein shake instead of milk and saved some calories there.
    I learning to move my body more. It's actually starting to feel good, moving move.
    What I've learned so far is that it's MY CHOICE. I am the only one who can choice what I'm going to eat. I can choice to work out or not, how long to work out.
    I used to think it was people or circumstances that caused me to be where I'm at, no, all along it was me.
    I choice health and happiness.
    I'm finding that I feel better about myself each time I make a good choice.
    Good luck to us all.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request with message but will add that I'm a STEELERS fan. The Packers get my #2 backing so long as they're not playing the Black and Gold.
  • bretkananishell
    bretkananishell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this...any tips will Help. I'm 46yrs, hoping to lose 30-40lb. I'm going to try and set realistic goals. My first goal is to lose 5 lbs in the next couple of weeks. I need to say NO to bad food and YES to good foods and get my body moving. That's the bottom line.
  • cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I will be 60 in November. So I know what you mean! OMG Also, from Wisconsin. I decided I need to feel better about myself, so I started the MFP. Love it! I am losing weight. Maybe not as quickly as I would like, but gradually (like how the weight came on). Good Luck to you. Go Pack!!