How often should I weigh myself??

I know people who weigh themselves every morning and others who only touch the scale once a week. I want to know what you guys do! Sometimes I will weigh myself in the morning and get back on after dinner and it will increase by like 0.4 pounds and I kind of panic for a minute even though I know it's probably because I just ate dinner.

Suggestions or experiences with this??

Replies

• When I had over a 100 lbs to lose, I would wiegh every morning after the gym. It helped me stay on track at the beginning.
    Now that I have less to lose, I weigh every Monday morning after the gym.

But really it is up to you, just remember if you weigh everyday you might not lose anything and could go up and down from day to day. It's just the way our bodies work.
  • gandy_77
    gandy_77 Posts: 2 Member
    once a week, at the same time, wearing the same clothes. your body can fluctuate up to 2lbs through out the day with food intake, water retention etc so weighing yourself more often will just do your head in.

honestly i know cause i used to be the same and weigh myself sometimes twice a day every day, then i chucked out my scales and i just weigh myself on the Wii once a week. I'm feeling much saner :D
  • miss_mckenna
    miss_mckenna Posts: 18 Member
    I used to weigh myself every morning (dry weight is best = no clothes, just stepped out of bed) and it would fluctuate so wildly that it made me crazy. Just crazy. Now that I have less weight to lose, I weigh myself twice a month so I can actually see progress (and now I'm not crazy).
  • fitnessregan
    fitnessregan Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks! I will definitely NOT weigh myself multiple times a day anymore, it just frustrates me to see it change every time I get on throughout the day!
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    i weigh myself everyday at the same and it always fluctuates. it used to bother me at first but now i'm over it.