Can I eat them there mushrooms?

Options
2»

Replies

• k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you reconsidered, OP :)

Edible mushrooms are very good for you, low cal, and good source of hard to get minerals and such.

I was worried that your yard mushroom might be immature deathcaps which can look like the safe button kind from the store!

They don't look like the ones in the store. I just saw them and thought, hey, can we eat those? But I wouldn't even attempt it unless someone could tell me 100% that they were ok.

I have thought about putting down some cow poop and having a SUPER awesome stir fry! :wink:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms too~ I have a weird obsession with collecting mushroom cookbooks...

Can you take a photograph at least so we can make some more uneducated guesses? XD
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I always look at it this way... if they don't look like animals/bugs have eaten them, there is probably a reason. Mushrooms are so tricky. I would TOTALLY be the first to kick the bucket come world apocalypse where foraging is necessary to survive.

Unless I could forage the whole foods.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms too~ I have a weird obsession with collecting mushroom cookbooks...

Can you take a photograph at least so we can make some more uneducated guesses? XD

I will when I get home tonight! Be on standby. I likely will pick them and throw them out though. But you know, for fun guessing reasons.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I used to pick wild mushrooms in the woods with my grandmother... I still remember the wonderful sight and smell of them sautéing in butter until they were golden in a cast-iron skillet on her old cabin stove. Mmmmmmmm... ::: fades off into lovely memories of 5-year-old bliss :::

Yeah, no way in hell I'd eat the ones that grow in my backyard. She knew what she was doing, what to look for, and where to go to find them. Most of that ish is scary poisonous.