Ode to jeans...... i hate you.

Options

Replies

• IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options

These are beyond muffin top... more like mushroom. Seriously, a caterpillar could smoke a hookah while berating a small girl while sitting on this fat roll. :smokin:

This made me laugh rather loudly while at work. :embarassed:

LOL.... I do love Alice in Wonderland...I just dont like looking like a scene prop from it.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    You just made my morning. A sense of humor will come in handy on your weight loss. :drinker::laugh:

Amen girl... if I dont laugh...I'll cry :bigsmile:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Hilarious!! "Laughing through tears is my favorite emotion" - steel magnolias. I went from one post to the next and had a laugh....and it's funny because it's true. Now I have a new way to describe myself putting on my old jeans! I also have an array of leggings..sheesh. When you can wear something to scrub your toilet and go to work that's a beautiful thing..and sad at the same time

What!?!?!?!? Totally one of my favorite movies!!!
    I love Dolly Parton.

Leggings are the devil, but they sure fit curves! :flowerforyou:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    These are beyond muffin top... more like mushroom. Seriously, a caterpillar could smoke a hookah while berating a small girl while sitting on this fat roll. :smokin:

As a huge Lewis Carroll fan, I salute you.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    You could write chick lit for women who hate themselves. Just wow.

Seriously??? this woman is on everyone of my topics.
    Its called "humor".
    The only person who can make you love or hate yourself is YOU.
    I dont hate myself, but I laugh at myself through struggles and I share it.
    Feel free not to read anymore of my topics.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    :heart: Thank you ladies for your amazing responses!!! :heart:

Losing weight and getting healthy is a hard business.
    If I wasnt laughing at myself I would be crying.
    :flowerforyou:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    It reminds me of my closet. My husband asks me why I need such a big closet. Well when you have size 8-18 ( thankfully sizes 18 and 16 have gone bye bye ) you need a closet that big. Every month I dig out some old clothes and go through your process. I even but clothes that are too small and torture myself trying them on often. I love when you can first fit into something again but it is too darn tight but you want to wear it anyway muffin top or not. My goal is still very far away but I know I will keep trying on the clothes and crying when they cant go over my thighs
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Amen BizGirl.
    I just got rid of all of my college clothes...I just came to realize that i am not
    a 21 year old anymore who will spend her nights dancing, days at the gym, and live off of Diet soda.
    Saying goodbye to my super skinny clothes was sad, but I feel better not having a unrealistic standard over my head now. I am in a size 18 right now and my clothes range in my closet now goes down to a 10-12.
  • rkquade
    rkquade Posts: 17
    Options
    Great post and I can totally relate! I have not wore a pair of pants off the rack (not altered) in years and they never seem as comfortable as those damn leggings. Leggings are the devil! Hang in there!
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ah I remember these struggles, and honestly, it was one of the best things I ever did to motivate myself. When I wanted that extra slice of pizza or "just one" spoon of leftover icing from making a cake I'd go look at my jeans. Going from the 14's not being able to button...and down the spectrum. I had one pair of size 2 jeans from before my babies that was the Holy Grail forever. In the beginning, I couldn't even get them past my knees. They're extremely baggy on me now. :)

Great post. :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh...sorry it was at your expense, though most of us have been there done that! I remember standing in front of the mirror crying I had no jeans that fit and my SO saying "there has to be 25 pairs of jeans in there NOTHING fits". It's so frustrating! I'm happy to report though that 7 month later I had to buy new jeans last week...smaller than anything that was in my closet. You can do it!
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Love your writing style and totally there with you on the jeans thing.

No matter how skinny I have ever been my thighs are always solid muscle - some styles of jeans always get stuck somewhere round my knees!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have 3 different sizes hanging and mocking me. the day I do not have any muffin top will be a day for celebration indeed.:flowerforyou:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Awesome posts you guys!!!

Its the war on jeans over here :bigsmile:

I will definitely agree that not all companies are using the same sizing charts. :noway:
  • sara17sb
    sara17sb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites too lol..dolly parton cracks me up. Oh, and don't sweat the negative people on here. You're real and I appreciate that, anyone who doesn't should keep their comments to themselves, we are here for support, love, accountability, to relate and even have a laugh. Thanks for your openness :)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You could write chick lit for women who hate themselves. Just wow.

I really loved it...I was laughing because I have SOOOO been there...I'm stuck in the middle of your rant, and can't wait for goal weight/size.

You are so funny, and write so well...<shuffles> Wanna be my friend?
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I have three sizes of too-small jeans in my closet too. I visit and wave at them sometimes - soon enough I will be wearing them, this I promise!!

Funny post :-)
  • sk8trchk
    sk8trchk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This was too funny because I was there, I remember doing the same exact thing. I lined my jeans up by size and tried them all on. I am finally getting down to the lowest size now and it feels good. Another 10lbs and I can buy some smaller ones.

Plus you made me snort at work!
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    This was too funny because I was there, I remember doing the same exact thing. I lined my jeans up by size and tried them all on. I am finally getting down to the lowest size now and it feels good. Another 10lbs and I can buy some smaller ones.

Plus you made me snort at work!

YES!!!! i love snortles (snort/laugh)

Awesome!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    LOVING THE FEEDBACK!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: