Breakfast Ideas On The Go!

Options
Beccalyn15
Beccalyn15 Posts: 2 Member
I just got out of school and my summer job has already started. Unfortunately I have to be there by 5 AM to open the shop, so that really leaves me no time to eat. Any ideas on a quick and easy to-go meal that can keep me full?

Replies

• BriarRose725
    Options
    I'd check out Kalyn's Kitchen (google it, food blog) for some yummy on-the-go low carb egg-based muffins loaded with tasty veggies. She has a ton of great recipes. I also like making her recipe for canadian bacon egg cups (line muffin pan with canadian bacon slices, crack an egg into each little muffin part, bake in the oven).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Pre-make breakfast burritos and freeze them. Take one out before bed and it should be thawed by morning. Slap it in the microwave for a few seconds while you're running around and TADA! Breakfast. Smoothies are also quick and painless, you can premake those too, but if you put protein powder in there, I recommend waiting until you're on your way out the door before you put it in.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'd check out Kalyn's Kitchen (google it, food blog) for some yummy on-the-go low carb egg-based muffins loaded with tasty veggies. She has a ton of great recipes. I also like making her recipe for canadian bacon egg cups (line muffin pan with canadian bacon slices, crack an egg into each little muffin part, bake in the oven).

mmmmm...I make the muffins and the bacon lined egg cups too, they're great for my kid in the morning. Again, I make them all sunday night, package them 2 a bag and freeze them. He takes them out and throws them in the microwave.
  • RaJoCo
    RaJoCo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I make these often, they're easy to make, only 3 ingredients, filling, and not to mention yummy!

Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

Banana-Chocolate-Chip-Breakfast-Cookies-made-with-wholesome-healthy-ingredients.-1-bowl-ready-in-less-than-25-minutes-7.jpg

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
    1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
    1/4 cup chocolate chips
    2 tbsp peanut butter (optional if you want a peanut butter flavor, I like them better with it!)

1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2) Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
    3) Bake 15 minutes. Makes about 16 cookies.

You can make them the night before, refrigerate and they'll still be good (but they are better fresh out of the oven)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Emerald or Planter's Breakfast on The Go Packs
    Dole Smoothie Shakers (Just add Juice)
    Granola
    Energy Balls: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/
    I use almond instead of peanut butter
  • Hannahlindele
    Options
    Try overnight oatmeal.
    Put 1/2-3/4 cup raw rolled oats in 3/4 cup yogurt or milk. Add honey, maple syrup or another sweetner, and some fruit, peanut butter or chocolate chips :) Mix together and put in glass jar in the fridge overnight. Grab and consume perfection in the morning!
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Usually I don't eat breakfast but my bf likes Special K Breakfast Sandwiches.
    Here is nutrition info:
    http://www.specialk.com/en_us/products/flatbread-sandwiches.html

They also have Egg with Vegetables & Pepper Jack Cheese Flatbread Breakfast Sandwich - only 180 cal

http://www.specialk.com/en_us/products/flatbread-sandwiches/egg-vegetables-cheese.html
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I make these often, they're easy to make, only 3 ingredients, filling, and not to mention yummy!

Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

Banana-Chocolate-Chip-Breakfast-Cookies-made-with-wholesome-healthy-ingredients.-1-bowl-ready-in-less-than-25-minutes-7.jpg

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
    1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
    1/4 cup chocolate chips
    2 tbsp peanut butter (optional if you want a peanut butter flavor, I like them better with it!)

1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2) Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
    3) Bake 15 minutes. Makes about 16 cookies.

You can make them the night before, refrigerate and they'll still be good (but they are better fresh out of the oven)

this sounds delicious!!
  • Beccalyn15
    Beccalyn15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just tried this - Delicious! Definitely my new go to breakfast idea, Thank you!
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Bump