Insanity?

Options
Hello all, I am new to all of this. I have to say that I am really enjoying the help to make smarter choices! Does anyone out there know how to figure out calories burned for Shawn T's Insanity workouts? I have googled it and all they say is up to 1,000 calories per workout. I used the tool under circuit training and the result I got seemed low. I have to imagine that I am burning more than what that says. I would appreciate any advice or knowledge that you have on this subject.:glasses:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about SHaun T workout, but I do several other Beachbody workouts, TurboJam and ChalEan Extreme - and according to my heart rate monitor, I am burning at a maximum of 400 calories per workout (45 mins long), and that is with my heart rate way up there. I know they tell you 750 to 1000 calories on the infomercials, but I think that must be for some extremely fit young male or something. I also know that these calorie burned charts on MFP are a bit too exaggerated, as I trust my heart rate monitor and believe it to be more realistic.
  • Roch123
    Options
    Different people burn calories at different rates. I suggest buying a heart rate monitor to determine exactly what you burn for each activity based on your current age, weight, BMI, etc. It's a great investment.
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you want to calculate calories, you really need a HR monitor. I never reached 1000 calories during those workouts
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i am starting insanity on monday, so I can't tell you yet!! the best bet is a heart rate monitor! If you don't have one then try a high intensity cardio circuit option!!
  • Sandrea03
    Options
    I would get a heart rate monitor watch. I got mine from academy and you program in your weight, resting heart rate, age and other things. It tracks your heart rate while you work out and tracks your calories burned. That's the way I track my calories burned with p90x and Turbo Fire! Yeah I would say MFP is definitely under estimating your calorie burn for Insanity....it looks crazy intense!!!! Thinking about doing a round myself soon!
  • bjodukek
    Options
    Well, how's insanity going for you? Isn't it fabulous??? I am just restarting my 2nd month...my knees are feeling OLD. The impact is harsh on an older person starting from scratch. I am seriously impressed with the results I am seeing though. Wow! If you want to feel tough, this is for you! The 2nd month training program makes push ups feel easy!
  • bjodukek
    Options
    Thanks for the tips on the heart rate monitor...I will look into that. I had not considered it before!