Stress Relief Ideas?

Options
Hey guys!

I'm currently in the process of writing a Master's dissertation (ahhh!) and although it's been so far, so good, I know that as time goes on I'll probably be getting more and more stressed out. So before that happens, I was wondering what you guys like to do to relieve stress! In the past, the answer would be a whole pile of unhealthy binges, and I'd like to avoid the temptation to go down that route this time.

So, what do you like to do?

I know that working out is a great way to calm down and destress, and I've been starting as many days as possible at the gym to get off on the right foot! Any other or new ideas would be really great to hear, though!

Replies

• MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I love to walk to relieve stress, I know it's still exercise but still nothing like a good walk outside to destress.
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is probably a bad idea, but when I'm stressed, I sleep. Otherwise I work out lol.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Lifting. It's like a mind reset for me. Usually by the time I'm done, I'm too exhausted to think about anything else other than how exhausted I am. :-)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I do several things to relieve stress.

1. Walking amongst nature. It's good for you and it does you good.

2. Meditation, There really is nothing like spending half an hour with some relaxing music and your inner thoughts. I view it as tidying my mind. You keep using your room your room get's messy and u gotta tidy it. Meditation does that for your mind.

3. Shower, Shave do all the personal hygiene things so you feel clean and fresh. Warm water can do wonders for aching bodies and feeling all clean is very therapeutic.

4. When all else fails - *kitten* - To be fair if a good long walk and half an hour of meditation haven't de stressed me then i was probably just frustrated anyway lol. And while sex can be rather stressful some quality time alone is anything but.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    run, bike, walk
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Sex.

ETA: Randomtai beat me to it! But she's right.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    1. bike

2. read

3. run

4. walk

5. get away from people
  • Nic37013
    Nic37013 Posts: 17
    Options
    Break/Destroy things LOL. Well ok so I am kinda serious about this....

Find CHEAP dishes (yard sales, thrift shops and a lot of times you can find them on websites like Listia for FREE) Take them out in front of where you live, raise them above your head and smash them as hard as you can. Your neighbors would probably appreciate it if you swept up when you were done :smile:

Volunteer your time. Retirement communities are GREAT because many of the elderly are not physically capable of cleaning their homes, discarding heavy objects etc. This will give you such a rush from helping others! And as you haul things to the trash- call it names and cuss it out if the urge strikes you. It's not like these inanimate objects can respond :flowerforyou:

Just a couple quick examples but while you are doing these- you are still moving and exercising :glasses: