I need more calories

Options
I'm still nearly 400 calories short of my goal for the day-after dinner. I do feel hunger but what I'm really craving (a smoothie) will put me over my sugar limit for the day. Any snack, late meal suggestions? Also, some people say not to worry about the natural sugars in frut while others say any sugar counts as sugar. Any feedback on this topic would be helpful as well. Thanks!

Replies

• ahbach2005
    Options
    If your going to go over fruit is one of the best ways to go its healthy and a simple sugar to digest.

try some peanuts if you have any. They have aot of protein and they always curb my hunger
  • bj1975
    bj1975 Posts: 9
    Options
    Do some kind of exercise and it will allow you more calories for today. It always works for me!

3470470.png
  • Pange33
    Pange33 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have the same problem with sugar. I haven't touched a single thing today with white sugar. I had like a tablespoon of real maple syrup (27 grams) with my oatneal this morning, and 2 bananas-need potassium (38 grams), and 6 oz of baby carrots (10 grams) today. And yet I'm over on sugar and under on EVERYTHING else. I get frustrated, but I'm sorry, fruit and vegetables are healthy!!! Maple syrup is a treat, but it also has nutrients!
  • vonspencer
    vonspencer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get cravings, too! I usually grab a glass of water and a small handful of almonds. They are full of the 'good' fat and protein. Or I will have a tablespoon of almond butter.
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. So glad to hear someone else is struggling with too little calories and too much sugar. Yes, I agree that fruit, a natural sugar, is healthy and should be okay.
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Try eating some almonds- they're full of healthy fats and high in protein and will curb your hunger while giving you just a few extra calories. You can even throw in some raisins, craisins, cherries, or some sort of dried fruit for a mix- just make sure it doesn't have added sugar (it would be listed as an ingredient if it is). Better yet, eat fresh fruit, and just avoid those that are higher in natural sugars if you're trying to watch that, like grapes and strawberries.
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If I need a sweet fix. I have a skinny cow icecream bar. Those are good.
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    when I started making sure I drink 64oz of water a day I stopped being hungry during the day. try drinking more water. also, V8 or a glass of milk are great ways I satisfy hunger in between meals. I wouldn't worry too much about the calorie thing. I have been on this website for two days. I haven't changed my eating habits and am 700 calories shy of my goal. the way I see it, if I'm not hungry, and I'm not over my calorie goal I'm doing good. At least I won't gain any weight!