Lunch Time!

blb85
blb85 Posts: 187 Member
So I packed my lunch and now I don't want it.... I want to go out for lunch instead. What is everyone's take-out/sit-down/fast-food lunch favorite without going crazy over calorie budget?

(I'm craving Corner Bakery Café or Jimmy Johns sandwiches; but the calories in all these are not worth it...)

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    If I MUST eat out at lunch I will try somewhere with good soup and/or hummus pitas or something similar. It is very tough to get a "healthy" lunch out around my work.
  • 6" Turkey at Subway. yum yum.
    I want one now.... :laugh:
  • StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Subway is usually my go-to if I'm going to grab lunch out.
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    Somewhere with a good salad maybe.
  • blb85
    Ha! I did think about Subway... I get so bored by Subway subs though... But they are super convenient in not being a huge calorie overload either.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Go to Jimmy Johns and get an Unwich. It's all of the deliciousness of their sandwiches in a lettuce wrap. I'm a fan of the Beach Club (hold the mayo) or the Vito (add hot peppers).
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    I don't like to eat out, because I'm cheap. But, I saw that Taco Bell is coming out with a quesarito, so sometime next week I'm going to get one.

When I do go out, there's a local restaurant i really like. Aside from my Taco Bell date, I like to stick with sandwiches. I usually take off half the bread, then some of the filling and make 2 sandwiches out of one, then take the other part home.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Rule number 658: Don't eat in fast food places (yeah, yeah... please don't spam me)
  • Lyolka
    Lyolka Posts: 4 Member
    If I have to dine-out I try to check the menu online and make my choice before I'm getting there. Some places even have calories and nutrition information; but the most important for me is to be there with a solid idea what I'm going to order. It's easier to stick to the plan which is ready, than to make the plan in a rush.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Jimmy johns isn't that bad. Ask for them to scoop out the bread (get french, not wheat) and no mayo. Tastes great and only 500ish cals.
  • blb85
    Go to Jimmy Johns and get an Unwich. It's all of the deliciousness of their sandwiches in a lettuce wrap. I'm a fan of the Beach Club (hold the mayo) or the Vito (add hot peppers).

Unwiches usually are my go to after a bad weekend of eating/drinking... But today, I was craving the carbs of bread. I know the Turkey Tom isn't too bad on the regular French bread (which makes no sense to me, since you would think wheat would be better). But I wanted some other suggestions as well....