Anyone in or near Tulsa, OK?

Options
CWWeaver
CWWeaver Posts: 11 Member
Hey everyone. I'm Chris. Wondering if there's any Tulsa area folks on here. Wouldn't mind making some like minded friends to share encouragement and motivation with as well as maybe plan some local events.

Replies

• pooohb77
    pooohb77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Chris. I am Lori. I live in Tulsa. I am always looking for motivation. I struggle a lot with eating out and have recently plateaued so I am setting new goals for myself to start packing my lunch again and rev up my exercise routine. Feel free to add me.
  • CWWeaver
    Options
    Hi Lori. Thanks, I did add you. Not sure what happened to my first reply here so I'll try this again. I've been in Tulsa for almost a year now and find that eating out is quite a struggle for me as well. I try to eat healthy and that's very difficult when eating out. I had to admit that for a while there, I developed a pretty nasty Coney Islander habit after discovering that place. Happily, I have managed to get that monkey mostly off my back. I have recently joined a local gym but find it difficult to motivate myself to go there.
  • pooohb77
    pooohb77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is difficult to make the time to exercise and I hate going to the gym by myself. I had a friend at work that was meeting me in the mornings to do exercise videos, but her schedule has gotten busy so she hasn't been able to make it. That is hard for me because it was my accountability. I know I should get up and exercise, but knowing no one is waiting on me makes me more apt to pull the covers up and sleep for another hour. I did join a boot camp for the summer and it has been wonderful. It is so true (for me anyways) that the more I exercise, the more I want to exercise. It is just finding the motivation. Unfortunately, I won't be able to continue camp in the fall because I take night classes. I am proud of you for kicking the Coney Islander habit....now I want coneys for dinner...lol.
  • CWWeaver
    Options
    hehe Sorry for spreading the Coney issues around. :) I get what you mean, both about exercising making you want to do it more and about not wanting to go to the gym alone. I do it sometimes and I don't like it. Would rather have a workout buddy or two but no such luck. So, I hit the weight machine in my garage more often than not, even though the gym, even Planet Fitness, has far more and better equipment than I do at home. I've run out of extra weight to add on at home so the only thing I can do is lift more times but after a while, that starts to get kind of silly.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello from Broken Arrow!!!
  • trinacrick
    trinacrick Posts: 41
    Options
    I am in Tulsa also.....would love for you to add me! I am new to MFP and have really liked the tracking and the camaraderie.

I have never tried the Coney Islander place......eating out is one of my downfalls though. Well.....that and Friday Happy Hour.
  • CWWeaver
    Options
    Hi Tinacrick. Glad to meet ya. If you've managed to avoid them, keep up the good work - those little things are addictive! Well, they were for me. In fact, the one over near the AMC theater is right next door to a Weight Watchers place, which to me is just cruel lol.
  • CWWeaver
    Options
    Hi Jessica. How are you today?
  • CarolynAntoinette
    Options
    I am in Tulsa, OK. Add me. I am also interested in meeting new people and having support in the weight loss journey :)
  • Amedic10
    Amedic10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone in Oklahoma still using this app?
  • jdenn01v
    jdenn01v Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone a runner on here?
    Im training for the half marathon in nov on top of my regular gym routines
  • DuneSeaNomad
    DuneSeaNomad Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am in Edmond! Not exactly Tulsa, but not too far away! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in the OKC area :)