1st Day

Hello All!
I am new to this but decided to give it a try to keep me accountable for the food I am eating. I am currently following Weight Watchers program but not doing really well at tracking the food. I am hoping this will help me. I think I can do the calorie limit MFP gives me while also eating WW friendly foods. I am swimming for exercise and doing weights in the water. I have been doing this for 6 months 3X a week. I have noticed some toning up and smaller clothes but not really on the scale. I am hoping my monitoring my calories the scale will start to move. Thank you all in advance for any advice, tips, encouragement you can give! :)

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    You are in the right place. Add me! You seem to have a good plan! I love MFP and all the support I get here. Calorie monitoring is key along with exercise. You will see changes in no time.
  • Gtorian22
    Gtorian22 Posts: 1 Member
    one tricky thing about weight loss and working out is that muscle is a lot heavier than fat. so if you are lifting weights and gaining muscle even though you are losing fat the scale may not move because of the muscle mass you ARE gaining. sometimes its easier and more boosting to look at "inches " you have lost like clothing sizes to really see that things are working.
  • sdsheridan
    sdsheridan Posts: 5 Member
    Today is my first day as well. I'm surprised by the sugar intake. Haven't tried any programs such as Weight Watchers, what is your opinion of them?
  • jeanettemahon499
    jeanettemahon499 Posts: 19 Member
    Hello!! I am new too...(day 10) and welcome you!! I agree...tracking food does help you think about what and when you are eating, but MFP is brilliant for also highlighting deficits in your diet....for example, I didnt realise how little calcium, iron and fibre I was having in my diet!! It is pleasing to track this and see visibly improvements.......I also think it is great that if you know you are going to indulge or have a treat, you can 'earn' extra calories..I have found this to be of real benefit. good luck!!!
  • I am happy with Weight Watchers for the most part. It really allows flexibility in your eating plan. I am following the Simple Start program right now. It focuses on eating "real" foods. For example: eggs, oatmeal, beans, brown rice, lean meats. Following this plan you don't have to weigh or measure anything. Just eat until you're full. It does work. I am trying to kick my sugar habit. I LOVE sweets!!!!! But while I am being accountable to MFP, I will be eating this same way, but will be weighing and measuring so I can be sure to be eating the calories it set for me.