Weight Loss Supplements

Options
Has anyone out there had any luck with weight loss aids? This can be pills, gels, homemade things, anything!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    supplements for the most part are a waste of money. any difference they make will be due to appetite suppression or energy boosts from caffeine. you're better off just focusing on proper diet and exercise
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    You'll learn that posting about this here on MFP was a big mistake :laugh:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Has anyone out there had any luck with weight loss aids? This can be pills, gels, homemade things, anything!

Yes I have. It's a food scale and a caloric deficit. Best weight loss aids out there.
  • Catherine0959
    Options
    There is a product called PGX Daily. They don't make outrageous claims. What they claim to do is to "promote healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels and reduce the appetite by promoting a feeling of fullness." You start with one capsule with at least one glass of water 30 minutes before eating. I find that they help. Also, the fact that you are automatically increasing your water consumption is a good thing.

One thing I would say is that I now take two capsules before meals and don't plan on increasing that dosage as I find it adequate.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Weight loss supplements are unnecessary...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely feel the need to spend your money on something completely worthless, just send me a check.

I promise I'll put it to better use.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Only two sups that have any sort of research that I've seen that suggests they are useful.

1. Creatine
    2. Caffeine