Nastiest Food You Keep Eating For Health Benefits

Options

Replies

• k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Ummm, my gummy vitamins. That's it. I won't eat stuff I don't like.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Mine: Greek Yogurt.

Great source of protein, but I have no idea how some people can stomach it. If Courtney Love had a taste, it'd be greek yogurt. It's that disgusting to me. I've tried adding everything to it. Can barely stomach it with peanut butter and honey, but it's such a good snack for bodybuilding I have no choice.

What's yours?

Just plain greek yogurt has definitely got quite the taste. We actually use it instead of sour cream at my house because it tastes so much like it. Don't try to add stuff to the plain one, it always tastes sort of weird. We just get the vanilla flavoured one. It's pretty decent tasting and has barely any more grams of sugar than the plain.

I'll give that a shot.

Might I also suggest the Tillamook Farm Style Greek Yogurt? I'm am not a yogurt fan, but this stuff is heaven in a container. The vanilla is just like melty vanilla ice cream. And 160 calories for 14g of protein... and it mixes well with anything. People who hate Greek Yogurt love this, as long as I don't tell them what it is. :P
  • kgotstyle
    kgotstyle Posts: 15
    Options
    There are some foods I don't really like: carrots, almonds, some greek yogurts. But I find when I force myself to eat them for health reasons I end up picking around them or skipping all together. I say eat the healthy things that you like and find another snack for body building.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was about to respond absolutely nothing, but then saw the bananas in front of me. I don't mind them as much now that I've been eating them for so long, but I still don't like them.

Me too! I've hated them since...forever. I started putting them in smoothies for a while because I know they have so much potassium, but I still can't eat one plain.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    I don't really do that a lot, except for greek yogurt and eggs. I love eggs, but once i eat a second one in one day i suddenly feel the need to puke. My dad eats oysters for health benefits, ew...

But there's enough of healthy food i like, so, no need to eat disgusting things.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but if I just ate what I wanted, I would look totally different.

You could hit your macros eating foods you did like, no need to eat Greek yoghurt if you don't like it
  • Jessica_Eve
    Jessica_Eve Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same here. I can't eat enough meat to get the protein without the fat so I use greek yogurt anytime I can. It's so awful but I have found a few things to make it taste better. To make it sweet I use vanilla stevia Sweet Drops and about a tbsp of fat free reddiwhip (per half cup) As far as using it savory I just make ranch dip, chipotle cream or use it as sour cream.
  • TMagical
    TMagical Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If Courtney Love had a taste, it'd be greek yogurt.

This made me throw up a little bit. And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Greek Yogurt.

I agree with the members saying to just move on & eat something different but I understand that sometimes the gains just out weigh the Cons. An ex of mine HATED canned tuna fish but it was the best/easiest way for him to meet his protein goals (along w/ shakes & chicken breast) so he got up to maybe 15 cans a week.
  • feather314
    feather314 Posts: 97
    Options
    I agree on the greek yogurt. At first I was like whoa - this is GROSS!! I had to try several brands to determine which ones I could actually enjoy.

Try mixing up some overnight oats or something. It will help with the tangy yogurt taste.
  • BrklynTico
    BrklynTico Posts: 143
    Options

You could hit your macros eating foods you did like, no need to eat Greek yoghurt if you don't like it

Only so much protein shakes I can drink in between meals. Hard to find a quicker and better snack that packs 18 g of protein and only 6g of sugar.
  • anabarbarosie
    anabarbarosie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fish. I used to HATE it. Whenever my mom wanted to cook fish, I would immediately run as fast as I could :sick: . In any direction. Just to be far away from the stove.
    I've started eating fish one week ago because of the protein and omega-3. It's not that nasty, just... The memories from my childhood are heavy when it comes to this particular smell :laugh: Oh well...

In the present I eat fish about 3 times a week and I've noticed that the *pain* is starting to slowly disappear...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Only so much protein shakes I can drink in between meals. Hard to find a quicker and better snack that packs 18 g of protein and only 6g of sugar.

Protein bars...voila.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Nothing. If I don't like it I don't eat it. Pretty much all food has an alternative for certain nutrients that I need.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I enjoy a wide variety of foods, including plenty of fruits and vegetables, so there's really never been any reason for me to stomach something just because of it's nutrient profile.
  • BrklynTico
    Options

Protein bars...voila.

You must have no idea how much sugar protein bars pack.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Protein bars...voila.

You must have no idea how much sugar protein bars pack.

Between 1 and 6 grams.
    http://www.pureprotein.com/products/
  • BrklynTico
    Options
    And not to mention the price difference. We're talking about four cents per gram of protein in Greek yogurt. The average protein bar, if I'm being generous and buying in bulk, is closer to 10 cents. Adds up.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    And not to mention the price difference. We're talking about four cents per gram of protein in Greek yogurt. The average protein bar, if I'm being generous and buying in bulk, is closer to 10 cents. Adds up.

Nope, 12 bucks per 12 bars so about 5 cents per gram of protein.
  • BrklynTico
    Options
    Just to use your pure protein example. Pack of 12 for around $27, comes to 13.5 cents per gram of protein. Not to mention, it comes with 8g of sugar alcohol on top of the already added 3g of sugar.
  • BrklynTico
    Options
    And almost all protein bars taste like dry chalk anyway. Never found one I enjoyed. I've had pure protein before. Never liked it. Puts me in the same boat as greek yogurt, but less cost effective and healthy.