Restaurants in Chicago

Going to Chicago next week. Can anyone recommend some good restaurants. Thanks

Replies

• jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Alinea is one of the coolest food experiences on the planet, but you have to get lucky with the tickets and it's crazy expensive. If you have $600 to drop on a once-in-a-lifetime dinner for two, that's your place :)

Deep dish pizza is a big thing there, but I thought Giordano's was seriously overrated.

There's a Magnolia Bakery location downtown that's pretty good.

I liked the 11th Street Diner a lot - fun atmosphere, good food, killer bloody marys.

ETA: Oh, Blue Bottle Coffee is pretty great. It's a chain, but I had one of the best lattes of my life there.

FYI, the TripAdvisor site and app are really helpful for things like this. If you have a smartphone, you can just search for "Restaurants Near Me" and sort by rating, proximity, cost, filter by type of cuisine, etc. Very useful. That's how I found Blue Bottle and 11th Street Diner.
  • AJSMmom
    AJSMmom Posts: 14
    thanks
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Best deep dish pizza is Gino's East (get the sausage patty) and best hot dog is Superdawg. There are so many food places in the city, though, and many of them are good. Also, Garrett's "Chicago Mix" popcorn is a must. Ahh, I miss Chicago.
  • sdsheridan
    sdsheridan Posts: 5 Member
    For pizza there is Lou Malnatti's, Uno and Connies. There are several steak places which are great. Are you looking for certain type of food, I could narrow suggestions?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Lou malnati's is good. Pequod's is my favorite for pizza. There are so many good restaurants, though, I'd have to know what you like, what you want to spend, where you will be (if that matters to you).
  • ScoobyM34
    ScoobyM34 Posts: 71
    A few places I loved going to:

Crisp - it's a Korean chicken wing place

Frank N Dawgs - They serve some crazy hot dogs there, one made with Mako Shark Bacon and scallops

Opart Thai Cuisine - I love love love this place. If you like curry this is your place

Kuma's Corner - Great Burgers in a Metal Music atmosphere.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    ZED 451. Pricey but soooo delicious.