My Journey

Options
April 4th 2014. Doctors appointment, of course I had to go through the pain of being weighed. At 5'3 and 208 pounds things were not looking or feeling so great on my body. My doctor could see the shame written all over me. I had a problem, a problem that many people live with, and you continuously struggle your whole life going up and down on the scale. I am a food addict. I use it for happiness, comfort and pain. But in all reality all I am left with in the end is shame, low self esteem and lots of extra pounds. I explained all of these things to the doctor and generally I am a very private person, it was agonizing. The doctor decided I needed something more than a low calorie diet, that is when he introduced me to Phentermine 37.5.He told me I'm not going to sugar coat it, it will help with your appetite, but you have to do the work and you have to change your thoughts. When I left his office I was not to hopeful, many things had not worked in the past. I went home and threw all the junk food out that I could find in my house. Next step was going grocery shopping and making completely different food choices. The next morning I woke up thinking this is my last chance, I have to get this right. During these past 11 weeks I have had many ups and downs. Many times I felt like eating junk, lots of it. The third day in to be exact. But every time I turned away from food I got a little piece of my self back, day by day. The person who had been buried inside of me, the person I really am started to make an appearance. Really for me its not about my clothes, or a little tiny swimsuit I want to wear. Its about getting me back and conquering my food demon. Of course everyone wants to look and feel good, but overall I want my life back. Next week I have to make another appearance at the doctors, Many things have changed since that agonizing day 11 weeks ago, many pounds down 54 to be exact, but more importantly I have squashed the shame and guilt. I have 29 pounds to go until I reach my goal. God willing I will get there. My requirements 800 Calories a day, 30 mins of low impact exercise, WATER WATER WATER, Vitamins and Phentermine 37.5. Once I reach my goal Under doctors supervision I will add 100 calories in week by week of course along with my exercise and new eating habits, until I reach the spot where I gain a pound then that is where I will stay with calorie intake. Many people will call me CRAZY many will have something negative to say. I am totally fine with that. For me it was the right choice. Sitting in my home like a hermit ashamed and eating for comfort sounds much crazier to me now that I have made it over half way there. Medication has side effects, but none that I wasn't already bound for with my extreme eating habits and overweight body. If it is to be, Its up to me.

Replies

• seabird1082
    seabird1082 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Sometimes you have to take the fast track to not lose motivation along the way.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will be honest and say I have taken those pills as well but I refuse to starve myself with a diet under 1200 calories a day because once you eat again you will gain it all back. That's a lot of weight to lose in such a short period of time and those are not enough calories a day so I will be praying that you do not gain all that weight back plus some. Good luck on your journey.
  • Baseballmamax4
    Options
    I have to say I understand where you are coming from. There are many things I have found to fit into this 800 calories. I EAT LEAN proteins, tons of veggies, cheese, Greek yogurt and some fruits. I have basically have not had sugar since the piece of cheesecake I ate on Easter. I have been able to still consume at least 45 grams of protein a day. If we think about gastric bypass patients, they survive the first 3-4 months after a major surgery on a mere 100-300 calories daily and medically that is appropriate. So I guess I feel like a person that is overweight but yet still has there full digestive system rather than a 1/4 , and not to mention recovering from such an invasive procedure should be fine on the 800 a day. And yes it will be a process adding back in, but the biggest change is looking at food in a way, that says I have to eat to live, not I live to eat food. It is a whole entire life change and I finally have realized that it has to really change, not just temporarily. My family is even eating so much healthier, because we don't have any junk in the house and I started cooking with LEAN chicken and Turkey.
  • tanyamartha
    Options
    Well this is quite amazing..Would like to much obliged for imparting this with us...!! :):)
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. an amazing post and I am sure not an easy one to share.

You go for it. Luck and love to you. xx
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's a good point you make, OP. This is under a doctor's supervision, he prescribed you the pills, and you're not eating any less that a gastric sleeve or bypass patient would be. So many people slam those who have surgery and say that they should do it without the procedure. Well, here you are - you're doing it!

Please make sure to take vitamins and keep up your protein. This could not have been easy to share, since there will be those who slam your choices, but I hope you do well and I wish you the best

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!