Can we drink decaf teas and count them as water.

Options
I'm new to MFP and I usually don't have trouble with drinking my water but it's been so cold and I have a bit of a cold and can't drink that much cold water, I don't really like my water to warm :sad: . Can I count calorie free teas as a water?

Thanks.:smile:

Replies

• pamelasaulters
    Options
    I've always counted herbal decaf teas as water!!! Sure makes it more fun! I believe it's when you have the caffiene in there that it makes it dehydrating. And of course, if there's sugar or anything in it, it's not good!
  • Yleija
    Yleija Posts: 16
    Options
    I've always counted herbal decaf teas as water!!! Sure makes it more fun! I believe it's when you have the caffiene in there that it makes it dehydrating. And of course, if there's sugar or anything in it, it's not good!

the caffeine part is true, so as long as you don't add any carbs you'll be fine. you can count as water.
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have heard it both ways. No because with the tea your body treats it different than water but sometimes I feel as long as its not pop (soda) it should count.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Per conversations I have had with my doctor and nutritionist is that as long as it is 10 calories and under then I can count it as my water intake.
  • mychelley
    Options
    WOW! :happy: that was fast, thanks. Whew!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I'm glad you asked the question - I've heard it both ways and was wondering, too. I don't really mind drinking water, but sometimes something hot is just better!