Looking for friends with similar goals...

Options
Hi everyone! :wink:

I'm a teacher, married for 11 years, and have 3 kids! I love to read, go camping, ride bike, and relax.

I need to lose about 50 - 60 lbs! Each pregnancy took it's toll and I never really did anything about it until now. My kids are 8,6, and 3, so telling people it's baby weight just doesn't cut it anymore. :blushing:

I've been counting for only 3 days and already feel a difference! I'm making a huge effort to eat fruits and veggies and resitrct processed foods as much as possible. I'm not just doing this to lose weight, but to be healthier all around - and to set a good example to my children with their ever watchful eyes.

Anyone want to friend me and journey our counting together? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• vmacsata
    Options
    Hey there ... I'm a paralegal, married for 11 years and have 2 kids and TTC #3. I love to go camping and go bike riding especially down at the beach.

I too am trying to lose a bunch of weight. 40lbs would be nice. I started about a week ago and so far, I love MFP. It's so easy to log my food on my iphone and it makes a huge difference in what I have been eating. For some reason, it seems easier to lose the weight this time - maybe I'm just making smarter choices with my food since now I can see exactly how many calories I am consuming.

My youngest son is 6. He is a great motivator -- I'm sure your kids are too!

Keep up the good work! You'll find lots of motivation on these message boards.
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey there, at least you have children as a scapegoat for your weight. I had a breast reduction 1 year ago on January 27th and the question I always get is, "when is the baby due?" How embarrassing. It used to be okay to say I just had a reduction, but that excuse has lost its justification of why my stomach is still huge.

I too see the differenve in cutting calories. MFP has tremendously helped me make sure I drink at least 8 glasses of water, choose foods with lower calories with high nutrients, and focusing on excersing as a part of my lifestle. I especially like after you sbmit your diary MFP will give an estimate you will weigh in 5 weeks if you keep up the progress. I believe MFP is the missing piece to me getting healthy.
  • vmacsata
    Options
    I especially like the water counter too. It's amazing how little water I was drinking -- which probably explains why I was overeating. The estimated weight MFP gives is really motivating - I love watching the number get lower and lower.