Small Victories

Options
So I need to share this with people I know will understand because my super skinny and very loving husband just doesn't...

I have never really been able to work out, alone. I've never had the desire or motivation. Until we bought a BowFlex. Yes it too 3 weeks for me to actually use it, But...

My legs are on fire! I worked out really hard yesterday, It doesn't hurt, but I can feel them. You would think I would know better for next time, but, I won't know better next time!
It feels good!
It feels amazing!
It feels like I can do anything, because I am doing this on my own!
All by myself, with no one working out with me, and no one dependent on me for motivation or me dependent on anyone else for motivation.
I am finally capable of motivating myself!
And that feels amazing!

Just had to share, because at 31, beginning to be self motivated in a world where motivation was not present, is huge :)

Replies

• Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That is great, there is no holding you back now :) Good luck on your journey and I wish you success.
  • bridgegetsfit
    bridgegetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats, good luck and hopefully you will continue to motivate yourself.
  • ShebaLizzy
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thats brilliant well done. Now you've started im sure there will be no stopping you. High five for the self motivation :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • darylspindler
    darylspindler Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    +1 so cool to hear your happiness at your victory. Keep it up sister!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Bowflex it baby!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congrats! We are here to support you all the way.
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Go Girl! Good for you learning this at 31. Took me until 50.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love stories like this ! I think it really proves that we have to want it and do it for ourselves and celebrating those small steps is what leads to lasting and forever success and happiness. This is awesome thank you for sharing!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Small victories are kind of everything, in my mind. Keep building that road! You are doing great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!