new to this and need as much motivation as possible

Options
Hi everyone! I have never used any online tools to help me lose weight so I am curious to find out some of the benefits by hopefully getting some support and finding some motivation.

I had a rough couple of years and the last year started to really gain weight after quitting smoking and stopping my adderall prescription, I found my appetite again I guess and started dealing with things by over-eating.

I have tried a south beach which I think works for retired people who have the time to cook a lot, all the time, for some one who is 23 finishing school and living alone it just didnt work I couldnt stick with it. So now I have decided the only thing that is going to work for me forever is to count calories, just eat less basically, and work out more. otherwise I have to think to much :)

I am 5'9" and 195 lbs right now, because I am tall I think it took longer for me to really see the weight and feel it. But now I dont want to be in pictures, I have never been this heavy and I hate it basically.

Tell me your success stories! Your biggest challenges and any tips!

-Jackie

Replies

• kgthomas24
    kgthomas24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I started this because I want to get healthy and I want to get pregnant. I have PCOS and losing weight will help my body get back in order. I can say so far counting calories does work. I don't exercise much because I hate it and I don't have alot of time. Good luck to you
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you. I use to use food as comfort too. Not good to do that. Good luck on your journey. You will like this website and the support that comes from it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LadySBPA
    LadySBPA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It really makes a huge difference when you start seeing the amount of calories you consume. Makes you really watch everything you put in your mouth! It worked for me once. After having my second child, I am doing it again to lose the last 20 pounds! When you start to see the weight come off, you will be even more motivated to log in and see your progress. Good luck!
  • jtynan
    jtynan Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you so much for just taking the time to reply! You are an inspiration for sure, you can do it!
  • linasin
    Options
    Hi Jackie,

I admire your courage to take on this challenge. I believe that is the first step you need to make it a success. I just started this for myself also. My boss and sister-in-law had talked about it and really enjoy it. I was sceptical at first also.

I am not doing it for the same reason you are. I recently have been diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I guess carbs and sugars are a big part of this problem I have. This is an easy way to see those daily values.

I wanted a way to be accountable for what I ate. Also with the printable version I can take it to my doc and review it with him. Seems easy to use and very accessible when we go out to eat with the cell phone app.

Good luck with your goals and hang in there.

Chasity
    Grand Junction, Colorado
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You said it right,
    "...the only thing that is going to work for me forever is to count calories, just eat less basically, and work out more."

I'd add a couple more things like,
    plan out your days (know what you're going to eat ahead of time)
    water & more water (I do, half your weight in ounces)

my biggest success came when I finally hit that "normal" body weight level...by a hair & only in the morning! :laugh:
    my greatest challenge rears its ugly head less often now, but it sounds just like the ugly little voice that most of us experience. :devil:

my tips include,
    crystal light
    almonds
    pedometer
    & plan plan plan

keep it real and uncomplicated :wink:
    You'll get to that place...just keep telling yourself that you are worth it :flowerforyou:
  • jtynan
    jtynan Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your tips, I got a pedometer for xmas and havent set it up yet but I think it is time!