Young Single Moms

nelsieanieves
nelsieanieves Posts: 10 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Hi I'm a 25 year old mother of 2. Just created a profile 2 days ago and I'm looking to talk to other mothers. I wanted to start a topic to motivate mommies and also to get motivation to get healthier and excersize. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I'm also 25 and a mother of two (twins). I am married (so not a single mom) but I'd still love to support you in your journey.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Welcome. I'm recently separated with 3 boys so I guess technically I'm single. Right now I'm trying to maintain my weight and still get my workouts in. I've got a very hectic life right now as I'm looking for a full-time job while taking care of my kids and working part-time from home so sometimes getting my workouts in is tough.
  • It is so hard to find time to excersie as a single mom! I use my kids as motivation... if I'm not strong and healthy, who is going to take care of them and our house? I have 2 who are in school all day, and while I am truly blessed not to be working yet, I'm in school so I can find a full-time job some day. I worry about what will happen when I am working. When will I find the time?
  • nelsieanieves
    Aw thank you MissAnjy. You're more than welcome here =)
  • nelsieanieves
    I completely understand lyla29. I was fortunate with my first baby to have the support of my supervisor to work out and get in shape. Now that I'm more in a supervisory role I don't see how it will work but I think we will both find a way and I hope the best for you. Honestly being here and motivating someone else motivates me =)
  • nelsieanieves
    rafos228 my idea for a bit warmer weather was to go on walks with my boys when we're home. A walk to get milk or just to enjoy our time together. I want to get my boys started early so that when they get old enough to run a few blocks I can have them next to me as my motivation. I'm also trying to start school soon yey I'm excited!!
  • nelsieanieves
    Thank you ladies for showing me I'm not alone. I really appreciate you guys posting on here and telling a little about yourselves.
This discussion has been closed.