wraped bacon n scallops

Options
dvdlover
dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
12 scallops large cut in half small leave alone
12 bacon slices cut In half
garlic powder
cayenne pepper

dip each in melted butter before wrap with bacon secure with toothpicks dust lightly with garlic powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper spray lightly with pam place in baking dish 475 degrees turning once 20- 30 mins or until done or sprinkle with chopped onions parsley and green peppers over scallops drizzle with olive oil before broiling either one serve with sweet n sour sauce for less cut in half I use this amount for parties

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm!!! I wish scallops weren't so expensive.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Me too! This sounds fabulous!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    That looks interesting. My friends LOVE bacon, maybe I'll try that one as a surprise... THANKS
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My husband makes these. S3x in the mouth. :love:
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    we make a dipping sauce to go with bacon and scallops -- you'd probably want to skip the cayenne unless you like a lot of heat. all you need is sriracha & mayo mixed in whatever ratio you like plus a squeeze of lime and some fresh chopped cilantro.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,674 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm!!! I wish scallops weren't so expensive.

The cheapest place to get frozen scallops in my opinion is the Asian supermarket. At my local (I live in London where everything is expensive) sells them for £15.50 a kilo. The mainstream supermarket has them at £27.78 per kilo.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    These are awesome but IMO the butter isn't needed. The fat from the bacon does the trick.

Another great recipe uses Water Chestnuts wrapped with bacon. I haven't made these in years but I will very very soon thanks to this reminder!