My Story- Lost Over 100lbs and still going! Ask for help! :)

Options
My name is Uzair Shafique and this is my weight loss story! When finishing primary school and starting a new level at high school made me realise that something was wrong and things were not looking good. In high school, I wasn’t obese but quite bigger than the other students and my friends. I wouldn’t call it over weight either and fitness wasn’t much of a problem because I always performed well in PE and Sporting subjects. As I got older and the high school years went on, I remember the struggle to buy trousers for school which would fit me and also having to buy not children’s but men’s size for the pants to fit.

When I started college, this was the moment I began to put on weight slowly and my weight increased by nearly 30lbs within a year. I used to go for large meals with friends who were not as big as me and at the time, calories, sugar and fat didn’t mean anything to me and all I was bothered about was taste. The worst thing was that at times I wouldn’t even be hungry and would still go with friends to eat again even though I’d have eaten before them already. College studies were not going well and also family matters started to increase so this made me stress even more and chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks was all I used to eat.

The funny thing was that I used to play football nearly every day and after playing for 1 or 2 hours, I would straight away go to the local shop and have two to three chocolate bars or maybe a cheeseburger with chips. It wouldn’t even occur to me that I have just exercised and burnt nearly a thousand calories yet after eating all this junk, I would put them all and maybe even more back on.

After receiving my college results and failing, everything began to go downhill with family being unhappy with me not working hard and also my weight being so much hitting 294lbs by summer 2010. I decided it was time for a change after my aunty spoke to me and told me I would be living with her and begin college again, but this time she made me go to the local gym every day so I could change as a person.

By the end of 2010, I started to diet and lose some weight by using machines at the gym every day and I could already see the change from my pictures before and now. The difference was unbelievable and my jeans size had dropped from a 42” to 38”. I began to work harder every day at the gym and as every day went by, I would look forward to the next day so I was up and ready to hit the gym and workout. My education studies were going really well as I was always on top of my work, I had found a part-time job at a clothing retailer and the food I was eating was so much more healthier than before.

I started this weight loss journey in September 2011 at 308lbs and today it is the 25th June , 2014 and I have lost over 100lbs weighing in at 205lbs. Playing football and going to the gym regularly as well the motivation behind me from friends and family has given me the chance and opportunity to become what I am today. I exercise every day and do my best to eat healthy by consuming a lot of protein to help me with building muscle and my calories, sugar and fat intake is also looked at regularly as I monitor what I eat.

People ask me how I lost all my weight and what made me do it therefore this story I am writing to share with people and I am more than happy to give advice and motivation to make a change to anyone’s life. Share your thoughts, follow me and check out my latest pictures on my instagram page which is BIGU369! I would also like to thank FitnessPal for giving me the opportunity to share my story.

“If I can change, and you can change, then everybody can change.” Rocky

Instagram: beeeeastt
Twitter: beeeeastt

Replies

• ajones1965
    ajones1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss. I have also lost more than 100lbs (although 55 since starting MFP), and I know how much work, effort and dedication it takes. You are turning your life around, be proud! It is a change of lifestyle, and you are young and healthy enough to live a really healthy and fulfilled life.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Awesome kudos on your achievement and milestone.
  • beeeastt
    beeeastt Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you. I know how difficult it can be.
  • seabird1082
    seabird1082 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!