Need A New way of exercising

Options
Right now where I live it's so cold to do any activity outside so that conflicts with my normal 2mile walk! I don't have xbox/wii.. The only thing I have arre these exercise tapes[tae bo and walking tapes) which they are good just too slow. I need something where I can get my heart rate up(its fun and lively), but at my own pace. I do know the basic stretching because I do them almost everyday in gym class for about 15 min(i never put that on her though). Any ideas??

Replies

• lordofultima
    Options
    I dunno, it's about 5-10 degrees farhenheit out where I live, and I still do a 3 mile jog or walk every day. Nonsense!
  • vernitarenee
    Options
    Zumba or any dancing. It's fun and burns lots of calories.
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The 2 videos that I use daily are the 30 Day Shred and Six Weeks 6-Pack. They are both Jillian Michael's videos, which for some reason makes me work harder. I think it might be because I picture her yelling at people on The Biggest Loser. Then I picture her yelling at me. Seems to keep me going.
  • basalmouse
    Options
    Zumba! its super fun and getting you going!!! I love it I go to my local YMCA for Zumba Classes
  • Chillem
    Chillem Posts: 40
    Options
    As I was waiting for my sister in law to bring her zumba dvd's, i searched on youtube and was addicted right ahead. I like the video's on youtube more than the original zumba, because of the diversity. I made a playlist with some I liked and do now every day zumba. You can make several playlists, short ones, long ones, just so you get not bored.

I haven't searched for something else, but I think you can find a lot on youtube. And once you're really fond of something, you can order / buy the original dvd's.
  • tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    Options
    Join a Zumba class.......love it!!!
  • basalmouse
    Options
    @vernitarenee wooo hoo another zumba lover :D
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Zumba!!!

Another thing is if you have the exercise on demand channel..tons of work outs :-)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you are going to have to find a DVD that works for you. The only ones I like are by Beachbody....i.e. TurboJam, TurboFire, ChaLean Extreme, etc. They have people on there that show you high impact, low impact and something in the middle (sort of), which I absolutely love, cuz I am somewhere in the middle, according to my bad knees.

They are out there! Definitely Zumba! I dont have it, but want it bad!
  • lips2
    lips2 Posts: 1
    Options
    ZUMBA!!! It is a great form of exercise and most classes are 1hr long and LOTS OF FUN!!
  • Lindyteach
    Lindyteach Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Do you have stairs? Up and down a few times will get your heart pumping! Or 1 step that you could do some step-ups on? Go to a local shopping mall and briskly walk around it. Use the stairs at the mall, up and down a few times perhaps? Vacuum the house even?
  • OneLife2Love
    Options
    Yes! I have heard of Zumba my teacher tells me about every class period lol. That something I might have to consider buying.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I live in Wisconsin and walk all winter long. Snow, cold, doesn't matter. Just dress warm.
  • haninglm
    Options
    I tried zumba a couple of weeks ago and liked it. I have a gym membership, but I'm considering adding Zumba classes or seeing if there's a local group that gets together and plays tennis. That would be perfect for me.

However, I, too, am open to other suggestions.
  • OneLife2Love
    Options
    I dunno, it's about 5-10 degrees farhenheit out where I live, and I still do a 3 mile jog or walk every day. Nonsense!

Thats Great! I applaud you for being so bold to run in the cold.:)
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with many others... Zumba is the way to go. I started with a low impact Zumba class that comes in to my work once every other week. Then I got the DVDs for Christmas. There are 4 different DVDs and 6 different work outs for what ever level you are on or what you want to work on, i.e. abs, cardio, strength. I am seriously addicted to it!
  • Jalfie
    Jalfie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF LEARNING "THE 5 TIBETAN RITES"( GOOGLE THEM OR EVEN BETTER..YOU TUBE)
    You can buy the book( I haven't) I just read some of it in Barnes and Noble to get the idea and then searched the internet.
    It's not for every one, although it's like Yoga..What might appear as simple moves, allegedly have huge health benefits.
    I am not an expert,I'm like many people..work in progress and still feeling my way but I thought I would offer this as a suggestion.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    i love the firm tapes addes so weights so you will look smaller quicker lean muscle and all that it really does happen quick
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!!! Jillian Michaels also has good workout videos, but shes not as much fun. =)
  • bubbles079
    Options
    I just looked at zumba and there are several programs which one is best
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!