New and looking for friends!

Options
Hi, My names Jade and I'm 22 years old! I've tried the whole 'be fit' thing 1000 times before and I've always given up because I wasn't seeing results straight away and it was unmotivating! I started a diet again about a month ago, and this time I've stuck to it and already lost 9ibs which is definitely motivating me to stick with it now! A friend told me about myfitnesspal, so thought I'd give it a shot! I'm looking to connect with people who have the same goals as I do, and hopefully we all can keep each other motivated to stick at this! :)

Replies

• MissNikkiMichelle
    Options
    Hey Jade! My name is nikki and I just signed up for myfitnesspal a few days ago. Like you, I want instant gratification. I want to lose like 40 pounds in a week and I have unrealistic goals. I'm learning that weightloss takes time, and a ton of hard work and dedication. I hope we can motivate each other together :)
  • abbyqs
    abbyqs Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Jade! We seem similar. I've always seemed to make these grand statements about eating better or having portion control, but I "forget" those statements pretty quickly! I'm now taking steps to eat healthy, have proper portions, and exercise. I hope MFP is a great way to connect with folks and encourage each other!
  • JSE150
    JSE150 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you! MFP has helped me over the last couple of months. I was eating badly and lots of calories every day. Now that I visually see what I am eating, I'm more conscious about what I eat.

**Anyone can add me
  • ebamiller
    ebamiller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jade! I'm new too, well, kinda. I've been off an on MFP for a while but I'm new to the message boards. I've tried losing weight without accountability buddies, but I've had a problem staying motivated and focused. I really think the MFP community/MBs will really help with accountability. I'll add you and hopefully we can keep each other motivated!
  • lafaye8747
    Options
    Hello :)
    I've been trying on and off to get fit for a few years now. I think I've got it and them bam! I see an ad for pizza and end up with a nice cream to boot. I'm hoping MFP can help me keep track of my good days and bad (mostly good, I hope!). I'd also love to have some friends for motivation and to help keep me on track.
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add any one. Always happy to help out if i can :-)