Sweets Fix

Options
So I have noticed in the afternoon all I want to do is eat something sweet. I don't want to feel like I am depriving myself but at the same time I don't want to eat things super high in sugar. Anybody have any ideas for things to eat when you want that sweet fix!

Replies

• AMW47
    AMW47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I generally have an insatiable sweet tooth so I make sure to have a bag of Jolly Ranchers at my desk. I can throw 1 in my mouth and make it last a long time which is generally pretty good at tricking my brain into being satisfied. At 23 calories each it's the best way I've found to manage my sweet tooth.
  • azsomeone
    azsomeone Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually have a jello sugar free pudding cup. only 60 calories. I like the dark chocolate ones. Satisfys the chocolate and sweet need.
  • JAMtwinsmom
    Options
    Love both of these! Thank you!
  • AdventureManatee
    AdventureManatee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's when I turn to my good friend, dark chocolate. I will eat, slowly, piece by piece, 1/5 or 1/6 of a bar (Endangered Species, Chocolove, or brands like that). It satisfies my sweet tooth, and feels indulgent and isn't *too* calorically insane. Dark chocolate is also good for you.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Make some things that taste sweet but don't actually have a lot of sugar. I do this a lot and basically never binge or cheat because my low / no sugar versions of the stuff I make taste just as good to me.

For ideas of what I'm talking about go to this guy's videos..... http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/72242-Cellucor-Core-Whey-Protein-(Cinnamon-Swirl-and-Peanut-Butter-Marshmallow)/page3
  • Elretardo616
    Options
    Diet pop. I drink tons when im craving sweets and im dieting. Its pretty satiating too so could satisfy hunger aswell as the craving. Or you could just work a sweet into your calories for the day, simple, wont do you any harm aslong as its within your calorie requirements.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit is always a good option!
  • 123123fun
    123123fun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Marshmallows...especially if you have access to a stove or microwave to roast them. Only about 20 calories each.
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I generally have an insatiable sweet tooth so I make sure to have a bag of Jolly Ranchers at my desk. I can throw 1 in my mouth and make it last a long time which is generally pretty good at tricking my brain into being satisfied. At 23 calories each it's the best way I've found to manage my sweet tooth.

I do this, too! I really enjoy a couple of Jolly Ranchers throughout my work day!
  • 12bfree
    12bfree Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Flavored chewing gum and a diet soda pop.
  • 123123fun
    123123fun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Popsicles are also good, either sugar free or regular. I find the sugar free taste exactly like the normal kind, but if you prefer the sugar ones, they also don't have many calories. Plus, they take a long time to eat and feel satisfying.
  • thecadillaclife
    Options
    Healthy Choice frozen greek yogurt. They're 100 calories. I may eat one every few days. It helps me stay on track because I don't feel deprived and I'm a total ice cream junkie. I don't think I will ever go back to your average ice cream, they're so good!
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Anybody have any ideas for things to eat when you want that sweet fix!
    I used to do chocolate. Now I actually prefer dried figs or dates. Or even fresh fruit usually does the trick. Or a glass of Pomegranate juice.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Small amounts of dark chocolate, quest bars, dessert flavoured teas, fresh berries with greek yoghurt and stevia or just a small amount of whatever you're craving
  • MamaSchulze
    MamaSchulze Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink MIO flavored water. I have a cup that has 32 oz of water and drink it down with a straw. Makes a big difference for me, otherwise I snack all day!