cabrs 'v' fats

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would eat low fat while bulking. Fat is 9 calories per gram... I can see why someone would want to eat low fat while cutting (not that I'd recommend it, for reasons that have to do with nutrition and compliance)...... but really what's the point of omitting the most calorie dense macro while bulking?

don't know why anyone would "low-anything" while bulking honestly.

Aint no body got time for dat!!!
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would eat low fat while bulking. Fat is 9 calories per gram... I can see why someone would want to eat low fat while cutting (not that I'd recommend it, for reasons that have to do with nutrition and compliance)...... but really what's the point of omitting the most calorie dense macro while bulking?

don't know why anyone would "low-anything" while bulking honestly.

Aint no body got time for dat!!!

"Low" can be subjective. One may have a "higher" fat goal on a bulk vs cut, but may decide to keep fats "low" in favor of higher carbs.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek yogurt
    Skim milk
    no fat cottage cheese
    egg whites
    Chicken breast
    certain fish
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Sweet potato
    white rice
  • MityMax96
    Options
    cinnamon toast crunch cereal
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that this was turning out to be like an IIFYM feed..... and then at that very moment someone said "Poptarts". And there you have it.

Not a poptart eater myself. Fruit has tonnes of carbs and are great for grab and go.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I was going to say that this was turning out to be like an IIFYM feed..... and then at that very moment someone said "Poptarts". And there you have it.

Not a poptart eater myself. Fruit has tonnes of carbs and are great for grab and go.

Right, but OP is trying to bulk
    So he wants calories
  • MityMax96
    Options

Once the OP has hit his requirement minimums for protein and fat and fiber...
    Then the other calories he needs to achieve his goals can be whatever he likes.

That is what you are missing when you discount IIFYM
  • leodru
    Options

I don't discount IIFYM - I'm in the facebook group and I get my macros from there. With 60g F a day its not all poptarts and McGangbangs that everyone makes it out to be. That being said I believe in eating things you like as well as getting your micro nutrients. As a guy myself in my 40's myself I find it harder eating high sugar foods while losing because of the cravings and "triggers" that it cause for me. If its coming from his trainer then his trainer should have recommended what he wants him to eat - i say that because my trainer is about broscience and not IIFYM. I dont think it had to be one of the other.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as "clean" foods and dietary fat is an essential macronutrient

stupid thread
  • MityMax96
    Options

I don't discount IIFYM - I'm in the facebook group and I get my macros from there. With 60g F a day its not all poptarts and McGangbangs that everyone makes it out to be. That being said I believe in eating things you like as well as getting your micro nutrients. As a guy myself in my 40's myself I find it harder eating high sugar foods while losing because of the cravings and "triggers" that it cause for me. If its coming from his trainer then his trainer should have recommended what he wants him to eat - i say that because my trainer is about broscience and not IIFYM. I dont think it had to be one of the other.

but it doesn't matter what his trainer wants him to eat.
    His trainer wants him to bulk, or the OP wants to bulk.

So as long as he hits his minimums....then the other calories he needs to be in a surplus can be whatever he likes.
  • MityMax96
    Options

stupid thread

disagree
  • leodru
    Options

but it doesn't matter what his trainer wants him to eat.
    His trainer wants him to bulk, or the OP wants to bulk.

So as long as he hits his minimums....then the other calories he needs to be in a surplus can be whatever he likes.

Just for the record that is fried chicken and waffles in my picture. not exactly on the "clean" list.... and no I don't villianize foods either. Seriously i wouldn't be trying to lose 20 pounds at this point if I didn't eat this type of stuff from time to time. I guess as much as I find broscience is all about "clean" foods i also find pro-IIFYM pushing to eat KFC and ice-cream - which you could rarely do and hit your fat macros unless you are on a serious bulk. The reality of IIFYM tends to be a middle of the road solution rather than "clean" or "dirty" ( i use those terms because people know what i mean).
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I myself don't eat fried foods....

But if I wanted too, I would work it in....

And I have tried getting away from the "clean" foods aspect of things.

But to each their own, and how it works for their goals.

But again, Fried chicken is valid food if he is bulking.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    so is ice cream

And no one is saying he eat only that...

I have stated that he hit his minimums first....protein, fats, and fiber
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    all food is valid for bulking.

it's a bulk- calories are king. You can eat all your macro's perfectly in ratio but if you aren't in surplus it means nothing.
    A life without oreo's and ice cream and pizza and beer isn't a life worth living to me- either cut or bulk- but it is GAME ON for bulking season.

I eat ALL the things- ALL the time.

there is no such thing as "clean" foods and dietary fat is an essential macronutrient

stupid thread

maybe for you- but people are learning things- and there for it is not stupid.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato
    white rice

To much commentary... These sources here... I would have said white rice... And a clean bulk is doable; instead of eating a cup of rice with your meal, eat 3 cups of rice... Instead of eating 4 oz of chicken, eat 12 oz...or better yet a 12 oz steak...instead of a sweet potato, have two, and add some butter and brown sugar if you want... You don't have to eat junk food all the time; sure its good to have. A treat every now and then is ok, but if you start eating 1000 calorie Oreo sundaes every day, your just going to put on fat.... Overload on the protein eat a ton of carbs pre- workout, and post... Get good fats from nuts, avocados, fatty fish.... A bulk just means eating more, not hover doing it on junk!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
  • Elretardo616
    Options
    Potatoes, rice, pasta, oats, done.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    does carb increase body fat when bulking?

????

This is determined by genetics and size of calorie surplus predominantly.