How should I fuel moving day?

Options
So, I'm moving on Friday.
I'm trying to get everything one in one trip after work on Friday, so I can spend all day Saturday unpacking.
My move will consist of going down three flights of stairs, with some boxes that are very, VERY heavy, and then back up three flights of stairs at the new building. I'm most likely going to have to carry everything on my own, as there's no elevators in either building. I'm anticipating moving between 5PM-10/11PM, so around 5-6 hours of heavy labor.

Given that this is going to be pretty intense on my body, I'm wondering how I should space out my meals that day. I was contemplating eating something very protein heavy for lunch, and I'm wondering if I should eat some simple carbs (like fruit) throughout the day. This is going to be my most intense "workout" in a while, so just want to make sure I'm properly fueled for the day. Thanks! :)

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Moving day = pizza, and lots of it.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Last time we moved, we basically worked our *kitten* off all day and when we finally had a chance to eat, we had giant combos from Burger King. My husband sweated off 5 pounds (mostly water, of course) that weekend, even with the onion rings and sauce.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options

This and lots of water...good luck moving
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Protein and carbs in one convenient place.
    You are a genius.
  • heavydron
    heavydron Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Moving will be a miserable experience if you don't slow down and take your time. Stop and eat and relax for a bit when you're hungry. Recharge those batteries. But if you just don't have the time...then yes, pizza and beer lol
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I just did a moving day myself.
    For breakfast I had 2 eggs, 6 bacon, sausage patty, 2 Rasberry tarts, cheese grits...

By end of day I was over 4000 calories.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

With plenty of beer at the end of it too!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Everyone who suggested beer after..I'm taking you up on it! How convenient that I'm moving to a location with a liquor store a 5 minute walk away, haha.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Moving will be a miserable experience if you don't slow down and take your time. Stop and eat and relax for a bit when you're hungry. Recharge those batteries. But if you just don't have the time...then yes, pizza and beer lol

Yep! That's why I'm aiming for five hours, haha. I have three big UHaul boxes (one filled with all heavy stuff), and a bunch of smaller bags of items to move. It's gonna be so much fun getting that one heavy one up and down, so definitely taking my time!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I would like to let everyone know I did indeed choose the pizza. And it was 20x as good, because my work got it for us and it was free!